Ep 290. 7 Paths to Financial Independence PLUS Josh Dorkin!

25 Replies

Are you ready to get really excited about the life possible through real estate? This show will go down in BP history as one of the foundational episodes: Brandon Turner and David Greene dive deep into seven unique and powerful strategies for building a real estate business that can fill your life with cash—not work. You’ll love the humor, the stories, the lessons, and the tips throughout! This episode is one you’ll come back to time and time again. Plus — as an added bonus — Josh Dorkin comes back to the BiggerPockets Podcast to explain where he’s been and what the future of the BiggerPockets Podcast will look like! Don’t miss a moment of this powerful show!

Listen here or on your favorite podcast app.

This episode was incredible!  Other than the Grant Cardone episodes, this one is my favorite by far.  David and Brandon have a great chemistry and knowledge to back it up.  Excellent work, gentlemen!

I love your strategy #6 (buy one home a year for 15 years and pull the money out with a new loan once each loan matures).  This roughly the path I am headed down.  I currently enjoy my W2 day job so I have no need for cash flow now, but still like investing in real estate for future financial security and potential early retirement.  I would love it if you did an entire episode on on this strategy.  

I wasn't on BP when Josh was hosting, so his story was new to me and very moving. Once again, a profound illustration of the importance of financial independence. My best wishes to him and his family. As for the seven strategies - this was just a stellar episode. Such a good, comprehensive overview and introduction to help us keep perspective on all the ways to develop our businesses. Many thanks to all! 

I’ve listened to all other episodes at least once. This is the best episode yet, in my opinion and I’ve listened to it 3 times already. Thank you guys. 

I am glad Josh is doing well. It is amazing how far this site has come along from the beginning. I remember way back when Josh was doing everything and had zero employees at the company. Seems like yesterday when he and I talked on the phone about me becoming a moderator. Back then Jon Holdman was doing most of the moderator stuff.

I am sure soon we will look back on this forum topic and BP will be celebrating 20 years in the business. Time goes by so fast.

I am new to real estate investing and discovered Biggerpockets and learning a lot. I have heard the older episodes with Josh and it was good to hear his story and how inspiring it was to hear. I liked #6 a whole episode should be dedicated to this method. I did not realize how much creative you can be with real estate.

Glad Josh's daughter is doing better. 

This was an amazing episode I have already told everyone if they are going to listen to any episode this should be the one. I also just bought "Long-Distance Real Estate Investing: How to Buy, Rehab, and Manage Out-of-State Rental Properties" by David Greene, can't wait to read it. 

Keep it up BP Team. 

Great show guys this episode was packed with tons of information I definitely learned a lot as always... also glad to hear Josh daughter is doing great on her recovery.. keep up the good work 😊👍🏾

One question on the BRRRR method. @David Greene said he could only do 2 deals a year because he would have to save the 20% down payment. He said with the BRRRR strategy he could now do 2 deals a month. It’s my understanding a house needs to season for at least 6 months before you can cash out. So wouldn’t he still only be able to do 2 a year unless of course he was using hard or private money.

Great podcast as usual and I learned new wealth building strategies with methods #6 and #7. I'll definitely have this one on replay in the coming weeks. Glad to hear from @Joshua Dorkin and I wish you and your family nothing but blessings. Also happy to hear the @David Greene will be a permanent voice on the podcast and I can continue to look forward to his savvy metaphors.  Lastly congrats to @Brandon Turner , the rightful heir to the BP podcast throne! 

This was an excellent episode! Such a testimony to the work @Joshua Dorkin has done and the business he’s built! Congrats as well to @Brandon Turner and @David Greene ! The future is bright. I think I’m in agreement with several other folks in that I would love to hear an entire episode devoted to strategy #6, unless of course, being a far less experienced newbie, it’s already beeen covered. Keep up the good work!!

@Justin Seng To illustrate let me work with numbers. Let’s say you have 100k yearly to put into 2 deals. With conventional buying, You can buy 2 deals and now need to make more money to buy additional deals. With the Brrrr strategy that 100k comes back to you, and therefore in year 2 you have last years 100k Plus this years. As you keep doing this your available cash grows exponentially.

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you