NEW E-BOOK… Make the economy work for you!

16 Replies

What will you do if the market crashes?

How will a recession affect your business?

Prepare yourself to take any recession in stride! In Recession-Proof Real Estate Investing, accomplished investor J Scott dives into the theory of economic cycles and the real-world strategies for harnessing them to your advantage. This easy-to-follow guide will show you:

• The basics behind how our economy works and how to make it work for you
  • The positive and negative impacts the economic cycle has on real estate investing and businesses
  • How to know when economic shifts are likely to occur
  • Strategies to continue to profit and grow your business during every point in the economic cycle

For a limited time only, the e-book is only $9.99, so snag it at a sale price while you can! More details can be found here at the BiggerPockets Bookstore.

Originally posted by @Ryan Pulice :

I totally agree.  It doesn't help that the Fed can't seem to figure out what playbook they want to use when it comes to manipulating the interest rate.  

Yeah, uncertainty can provide for reduced investment and productivity in the economy as a whole.

Originally posted by @Jordan Moorhead :

@Mindy Jensen will there be a print version?

Hey Jordan - 

How's it going?

Currently, we don't have a paperback version planned (we wanted to get this out quickly, and paperback takes a good bit longer to roll out from a distribution standpoint).  

We're waiting to see how much demand there is for it, and will hopefully have a paperback version in the future...

Thank you for this post, it's helpful to know that people would be interested in the print version!

This is a much-needed asset to an investor's tool belt. Just as we analyze a property or choose a neighborhood to invest in, it is just as important to understand what is on the horizon in the economy to ensure you are using the proper strategies to keep you from destroying your asset. If Ford was still only producing the Model T, it would have been left behind nearly a century ago. It still sells things with 4 wheels and an engine but adapts with the times.

@J Scott it’s going good! Just surviving the winter here in Minnesota.

I’m very interested in a paperback version. I’m still more into print books than ebooks. I just can’t stand to look at a screen for hours on end for some reason.

Originally posted by @Dave Van Horn :

Another book!

Is there anything @J Scott can't do! :)

Don't ask my wife that question...she'll provide a long, long list...  ;-)

Originally posted by @Ethan M. :

@Mindy Jensen @J Scott does this build on the excellent What Every RE Investor Needs to Know About Economic Cycles ebook that was included with the rehab book bonus package, or is it the same content as that ebook? 

Hey Ethan,

This book is an extension of that one.  This book is about twice as big, and instead of just focusing on the strategies and tactics for dealing with the Recession Phase of the economic cycle, this book goes into deal on what strategies and tactics to use for all four of the phases of the cycle.

I look forward to the book it looks awesome

Another essential piece to recession proof investing is recession proof financing 

We all must remeber its not just the deals that went down it was banks, traditional lenders, and small banks too.

The new recession proof financing is the alternative lender space because they are not positioned as a bank and can react quicker with unique terms not found in the traditional world

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you

Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate

Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing

Start here