Got a good home inspector for Maryland?

4 Replies

Does anybody have a recommended home inspector that'll work in the Laurel, Maryland / Howard County area (North of Washington D.C. 20 minutes).

I've searched old forums and haven't seen any suggestions for this area.

I'll also need a termite inspection - I was planning on just calling Terminix. Is that a decent plan?

Check out:

Joe Fraser CRI, CRMI
President/Owner
Joe Fraser Property Inspections, Inc.
MD License #11454
410-604-3777 Office
866-778-1893 Fax

He is very thorough, I used him for my primary residence in Anne Arundel county. Tell him I sent you.

Wynne Hyatt of US Inspect

888-874-6773

UPDATE:

Outside of BP, I was referred to Sandy Spring Inspection Services.  They did a great job and were very knowledgeable.  After looking at the house, he saved me $300 bucks by recommending against a his chimney inspection (his visual convinced him there were no problems) and his radon inspection (he recommended I just buy my own kit).  

I'd recommend them.

http://www.ssinspects.com/

This thread is a bit old....but I highly recommend Hollis Brown (http://www.hollis-brown.com/) for inspections in the DC Metro area.  He is a little more expensive than most inspectors....but Ive just found most home inspectors to be terrible.  

Although if you are going to be a serious investor...over time as you learn, there is very little information a home inspector will give you that you wont already know.  

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate

Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing

Start here