Cost to Sell worksheet

8 Replies

Years ago we had a cost to sell worksheet that we would present to sellers. It was a tool to show that a seller could/would net a similar number if they sold to a home buying company vs selling through a realtor. It outlined the cost to sell at/near market price minus ongoing mortgage payments, insurance, taxes, utilites, upkeep, etc etc. Often this number would be close to what they would get if they sold closer to market minus realtor commissions. Does anyone have this worksheet and would you be willing to share it? Thanks in advance!

Brad Chandler, Real Estate Agent
(703)752-5725

I'd be interested in a worksheet template as well. Any luck getting one?

i would also be interested in this.

@Brad Chandler ,@Jose Guevarra ,@Aaron B Lee , so you guys are basically looking for a spread sheet that when you put in the sell price, their current mortgage owed, closing costs and other expenses subtracted ( which by the way wouldn't have utilities and upkeep if you sell the house through a realtor) that will give the homeowner a number that they would actually pocket if they sold through a realtor vs what you are offering for the house. is that correct ?

Patrick Liska, Contractor

Sound fairly close to what I had in mind. @patrick liska

Thank you all.  Looking to sell a multifamily property now and don't want to miss any costs of selling!

I  would love having a worksheet template.

Thanks, Molly

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Join the Largest Real Estate Investing Community

Basic membership is free, forever.