Investment Experience in Baltimore MD 21206 area

4 Replies

I'm relatively new to REI and was thinking of starting in the 21206 area. Does anyone have any experience investing in or around this area? Any pros or cons to share?

Unfortunately, I believe Baltimore is too hit or miss when it comes to areas. Your best bet is to identify neighborhoods, not zip codes, for investing.  Things can change very quickly inside of a few blocks, let alone such a big area of zip codes.  What type of investing are you trying to do?  

I'm just getting started with wholesaling to help get acclimated with the industry.  Within the next 4-6 months my goal is to purchase a multi-family property to live in and have tenants pay the mortgage.  From there I plan to acquire a mix of wholesale and buy/hold deals.  

I recently put a property under contract in 21206 that I plan to wholesale but I was thinking of keeping it for myself for a potential fix/flip.  The numbers make sense but maybe I'm jumping the gun (seeing that this is my first wholesale deal).

Not horrible. Flips are around here, rentals are ok also. Key is to watch your price, know the neighborhoods, and definitely know the condition of your house.

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you