Package deals and assigning costs

5 Replies

New investor from canton, oh. Been on here reading for some months.

My first deal, I’m looking at 2 duplex, 3 sfh package deal.
Does anyone know how sale prices get assigned to each property? My goal is to sell the sfh’s asap and keep the duplexes. Any help would be appreciated.

-Rob

Hi Rob, welcome to Bigger Pockets. I'm an investor in the Canton/Massillon area and I've found that it really depends on the specific area when it comes to property value. School district is a huge factor for me, like Perry Township vs. Canton City (both in Canton). Talk to realtors in the area or research online to get the value of each property before coming up with a number for the package deal. I agree with selling the SFH's and keeping the duplexes for cash flow. Package deals are the best in my opinion because that's how you get them at a good price. Good luck and let me know if I can help.

Welcome to Bigger Pockets Rob, I am a Realtor in the area and happy to help with pricing. Please feel free to reach out to me anytime. Good Luck!

You can do it one of two ways (assuming the contract just has one bulk price and not broken apart by property). The 5 packages I’ve bought were this way. So my accountant used my numbers for how I was valuing them and breaking them apart for my analysis.
The other option is to used the appraised values of each property, and pro-rate those to the purchase price.

Thanks everyone, I appreciate it.

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate

Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing

Start here