Peoria IL Bradley area

11 Replies

We are looking to buy a house for my daughter to live in and rent rooms out while she attends Bradley University. Is anyone else investing in the area? We are Dallas TX investors but Peoria seems like a different planet compared to the metroplex. We would love to talk to other Peoria investors to get a sense of the market.
Tnanks!

Mara, I'm in Peoria and have rentals, none around Bradley, I'm happy to help where I can!

-Steve

Maria, we are located in Peoria and have single and multi family properties in the area. I am happy to discuss the better areas to look in and around Peoria.

Hi Mara, I live and invest in Peoria and would be happy to give you my 2 cents on the area.

We just heard that a huge portion of Bradley students are Indian. What are their housing needs?
We are just trying to educate ourselves about the market. My daughter is the priority right now but I was curious.
We were also told that many of the properties are not well kept. Will higher end properties find higher end tenants? Or will the housing prices not support upgrades?

What border streets would you all recommend?

Need a home inspector in the Peoria IL area. We have a house under contract. 11/28/2017

Hi Mara, I would recommend Jim Huff for your inspection. He is a little old school but is a wealth of information, I really enjoyed going through my duplex with him. I saw you mentioned in the Bradley area, where did you end up finding a property? I happen to live next door to Bradley myself..

Originally posted by @Jesse Mitchell :

Hi Mara, I would recommend Jim Huff for your inspection. He is a little old school but is a wealth of information, I really enjoyed going through my duplex with him. I saw you mentioned in the Bradley area, where did you end up finding a property? I happen to live next door to Bradley myself..

Thanks for the recommendation, we have reached out to him.

If it all goes well next time we are in Peoria, maybe we can buy a round of drinks near campus town.

We are Peoria area investors, and in fact manage the Peoria area REI meetup group . We are also inner circle with FortuneBuilders. We are on our way to Plano TX for the FB conference and will be there all week. We’d be happy to meet with you if you like.

We are interested in investing in the Dallas area and want to get our Brother in law involved as he lives in Plano. He is a missionary and they have no retirement plan.
We’d like to pick your brain too!!

Blessings,
Paul and Arlene Gottshall

@Paul Gottshall hey it would be great to meet up, we can help you out on this Dallas side of things.

We ended up buying a property in Peoria, but we definitely have some questions.

What days are you available to meet? Maybe we could catch up over a beer or something. I don’t know where your meetings are but we are real close to anything near downtown Dallas.

Bart and Mara,
So sorry we were not able to get together with you. Our schedule filled up pretty tightly between the 5 days of conferences and family. Just wanted to let you know that you have some good resources in Peoria if you have questions. I see that Steve S and Greg M also responded. Both good people to have connections with. Hope all is well with you. Dallas/Plano was great!!
Arlene and Paul

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Join the Largest Real Estate Investing Community

Basic membership is free, forever.