Where in Texas to invest in?

13 Replies

Good morning all,

I've heard Austin Texas market is booming due to Amazon moving their Corperate there soon. 

1) Anyone on this BP currently invest out of state in Texas? 

2) And which part of Texas should be best to invest in (beside Austin <= too expensive). 

3) I also heard Texas has the highest crime rate as well and why do landlords/investors willing to take the rest?

Thank you, and looking forward for response

@Tony Lee

1. Yes

2. I invest in Austin. Cost is relative, it's about returns for me.

3. Where did you hear that? Austin is incredibly safe and so are most of the cities in Texas.

Originally posted by @Jordan Moorhead :

@Tony Lee

1. Yes

2. I invest in Austin. Cost is relative, it's about returns for me.

3. Where did you hear that? Austin is incredibly safe and so are most of the cities in Texas.

Hi Jordan,

Thank you for your response. Sorry I should've clarifed it a little more on the Crime Rate. Was not talking about Austin, I mean certain area in Texas, like (Houston)

Austin has been booming for 2+ decades and it has nothing to do with Amazon

It is impossible to answer the question as Texas is a huge state>  What are your goals?  

Originally posted by @Greg H. :

Austin has been booming for 2+ decades and it has nothing to do with Amazon

It is impossible to answer the question as Texas is a huge state>  What are your goals?  

I'm looking to invest in Texas within the next 6 months and don't know where should I invest in. My budget is limit

Originally posted by @Jordan Moorhead :

@Tony Lee I like Trulia crime maps to see crime rates in each area

Yeah!! I use that to for 5 of my properties lol. But never invested outside states before therefore, I rather ask people on here for good insight :D

Originally posted by @Daniel Hyman :

I went to school at UT and had the chance to purchase SFR's near the campus and South Austin. I passed on it. Boy did I miss that train...

Sound like Austin where I need to go for LOL

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you

Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate

Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing

Start here