Must read book recommendations??

9 Replies

Looking for a good book for an upcoming flight/vacation. I have a few different interests in mind:

-I am a Real Estate Broker and possibly interested in adding property management to my portfolio so I'd like a good book on the in's and out's of property management to help make this determination.

-My husband and I have multiple SFR rental properties, but I am interested in breaking into multi-family and looking for more knowledge and motivation to take the next step.

-I'm also interested in wholesaling and sub-to so a good read on either or both of these would be great!

I appreciate any suggestions!

@Robert Leonard

Perfect, thank you! These both sound great from the title, I will download the podcast to my phone now so I can listen anytime.

A paper book called the "1 Minute to Rental Property Riches" by MIchael Rossi was not bad.  A simple book with good stories.

I just finished reading "Fixing and Flipping Real Estate" by Marty Boardman. This one is really good.

Frank Romine, Real Estate Agent in CA (#01957844)

My philosophy is; when I'm on vacation, be on vacation. If you're on vacation and thinking about work, what kind of vacation is that? Might as well just stay at work and think about being on vacation.

A recent book that tells it like it is, for both buy and hold and property management is "More than cash flow: the risks and rewards of profitable real estate investing" by Julie Broad.  If the truth doesn't scare you off then you will go into it knowing what it's really like. Totally the opposite approach of the guru hype, this includes the horror stories and tactics to avoid the problems, rather than ignoring them.

Thank you all, I will definitely check these out and Account Closed

, I will definitely take your advise and get some R&R on vacation.. (plus a little knowledge from reading on the boring 6 hour flight there and back).

My Life and 1,000 Houses by Mitch Stephen

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Join the Largest Real Estate Investing Community

Basic membership is free, forever.