When do "You" list your flip house for sale?

5 Replies

Good afternoon BP members!

I took the advice from a family member that's a realtor, flipper, landlord you name it, to put a for sale sign on a property that we flipped the day of closing. So, all along the rehab process it's been for sale. Of course the price has changed with each inquiry do to constant changes.

I can see the good and bad in doing this but wanted to get your thoughts, opinions and experiences.

All the best.

Paul

@Paul K. McCoy hey man we don't do that, because end buyers don't have the same vision as us. Also we want to get full price at the end of it, that's the whole reason for doing it. Also we have a buyers list for different exit strategies. Wholesale deals, prehab deals and full renovation. That's my opinion and it's worked well for us.

we do a process

Fix it up outside

Take pictures of outside

Post in FB groups stating Available is x number of weeks and the price

Make list of people interested in seeing house

2 weeks before it is finished contact all people on the list they can see it in 2 weeks at Sunday at 2:00 

Everyone shows up the same day and time.  Huge sense of urgency 

@Michael Plante do you also list on the MLS at the same time as posting on Facebook ? I remember you mentioned you use some flat rate services and had good experiences with them .

Originally posted by @Joseph M. :

Michael Plante do you also list on the MLS at the same time as posting on Facebook ? I remember you mentioned you use some flat rate services and had good experiences with them .

I used one of the flare rate $150 ones but have seen others say that listingspark dot com is even better at $7/day

Thanks so much for the insight guys, I really appreciate it!

-Paul

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate

Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing

Start here