Need a Foreclosure attorney in Indiana

6 Replies

I am in need of a real estate attorney that can help me foreclose on a note in Muncie, Indiana.  Does anyone have any experience with a good foreclosure attorney in Delaware County, Indiana?

Thanks,

Sandy

maybe contact meridian title there they are state wide and ask them who the bigger firms are that specialize in this work.

did you buy a NPN ?? or was it a NPN that you bought as performing that has reverted back? just curious.

I suspect you have tried to contact them for a DIL  and tried to give them some money to sign a DIL and help them move..

it will take at least a year to foreclose in Indiana I have done it a few times.  so gently helping them move and paying can be and advantage to you.. plus they don't destroy the house on the way out..

Sottile Barile.

Ask for tony Barile - that is who I have used on numerous loans in Indiana. 

They do Fc all the time

@Chris Seveney @Jay Hinrichs   Thanks for the advice.  This was a low value performing note.  Borrower (investor) seems to get in contact with me when I threaten to FC and says he will pay but then never does.  I have offered DIL or other options but he says he will get in touch with my servicer and make payments but never does.  I am tired of his promises and just need to take action.  This is the same note that is tax delinquent that will be going to sale in a couple of months if taxes are not paid.  I wanted to get an attorney before I get the taxes current.

The only good news in all of this is that I sent a door knocker out as many people in BP suggested.  The tenants actually contacted me and they would like to buy the property so I think I will come out OK in all of this. 

I appreciate all the advice-Thank you!

Ok so you have a owner ripping rents then..  have you gone to the tenant and enforeced your assignment of rents ????

you should be collecting the rent offsetting the mortgage but still foreclosing.. don't let the owner just take the rent.. 

I did this a bunch when I had my foreclosure issues in 09 ish. 

@Chris Seveney do you do this Chris or maybe you have very few NPN that are tenanted and most are owners squatting.??

I don't think there was assignment of rent clause in place.  I assume that has to be there in order to capture the rent payments?  

Originally posted by @Sandy Uhlmann :

I don't think there was assignment of rent clause in place.  I assume that has to be there in order to capture the rent payments?  

read your mortgage is pretty much standard boiler plate.. in most.. and if your buying notes again make sure its there.  its mortgage lending basics for these exact scenarios.