My house won't rent. HELP!

My house won't rent. HELP!

San Diego, CA · Member since 2016 · 7 posts · 1 vote

Looking for advice. We currently own a 4bd 2ba single family home. We constructed the home to add a granny suite. So now it's a 3bd 1ba and studio granny suite. It's time to put on the market and we can't get the home rented. Potential customers are saying, they don't like the other unit in the back, they don't like the 1 bathroom, or don't like the location.

the house had been on the market more than 30 days. I need advice on how to get it rented out.

I have no issues sending the ad to whomever wants to see. Please help.

Military housing won't take it because the house is on one meter and say thd tenants will complain of the cost of utilities. Section 8 is paying to low.

0Reply
138 views

Most Popular Reply

Nathan GesnerBusiness Member
Moderator
Real Estate Broker · Cody, WY · Member since 2010 · 28k+ posts · 41k+ votes
3y
Quote from @Juneka Roswell:

I guarantee it will rent. People don't want to rent it at the current price. Lower the price and you'll find renters that will accept the unit in back, the 1 bathroom, or the location.

Everything has a price.

The DIY Landlord Book4.7248 Reviews
See this reply in the discussion

27 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • New to Real Estate · Jacksonville NC · Member since 2018 · 8 posts · 4 votes
    3y
    Quote from @Juneka Roswell:

    Looking for advice. We currently own a 4bd 2ba single family home. We constructed the home to add a granny suite. So now it's a 3bd 1ba and studio granny suite. It's time to put on the market and we can't get the home rented. Potential customers are saying, they don't like the other unit in the back, they don't like the 1 bathroom, or don't like the location.

    the house had been on the market more than 30 days. I need advice on how to get it rented out.

    I have no issues sending the ad to whomever wants to see. Please help.

    Military housing won't take it because the house is on one meter and say thd tenants will complain of the cost of utilities. Section 8 is paying to low.


    I wish I was PCS'ing to San Diego now instead of January. I would totally rent the property and STR/MTR the bonus suite. I think you should try and find another military family that would live in the main house and STR the other side. Is the price you are looking for in rent below, at or above the E-5 /w dependents BAH rate? Would you send me the ad? I have some like minded people currently stationed in San Diego that may be interested/ know someone that may be interested in an opportunity like this. But i definitely agree with some others on this tread that right now you are eating the entire mortgage cost while it sits vacant. a couple hundred dollar loss a month is better than a couple thousand.

  • Rain RinamanPro Member
    Rental Investor · Cobb County, GA · Member since 2014 · 16 posts · 3 votes
    3y

    I was listening to Rookie podcasts and they had a guest talking about sober living home and renting beds. Think they said you can have 6 people to a bathroom and 4 to a refrigerator. Maybe look into that as an option. Or look into traveling nurses?

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.