User Stats

Votes
Jeffrey Suarez
Votes |
Tenants with domestic violence

Jeffrey Suarez
Posted Mar 18 2023, 07:37

Need some direction on how to deal with this. First time it's happened to me

Tenants have been in a single family home for 5 months into a 12 month lease. couple with a new baby.

yesterday neighbor messaged me about several police vehicles at my property. I drive over there to check out. I am currently working on the property big construction detached building project so I'm there several times a week anyway.

I notice a broken window, and neither of the cars there. I texted them just checking in and letting them know i saw the broken window. That I would fix right away since there is rain. This is a nice b+ / a- neighborhood and I have a moral obligation to my neighbors and friends to keep the home looking nice.

I don't think anyone got arrested. It would be an issue if the husband got arrested since he is in a professional govt job that might affect employment. 

A social worker came by while i was there and we spoke for a bit. they wouldn't give me much in detail.

California has a DV protection law but doesn't apply when both people live together.

I know s*** happens and having a baby can ne hard but my gut tells me if this happens again I evict.....if they haven't already decided to break lease 

Loading replies...