Votes
Charlotte Adams
  • Peterborough , Ontario
Votes |
Owned Duplex not legal. Opinions

Charlotte Adams
  • Peterborough , Ontario
Posted Oct 28 2017, 10:27

Hello everyone. This is my first post and I'm looking forward to hearing any suggestions.  My husband and I have owned a duplex in Peterborough Ontario for 5 years and recently it has come to light that it may be zoned single family. We were told when purchasing that it was a legal non-conforming duplex. We would like to make it a legal duplex but are unsure of how to find out how to do so without opening a can of worms and potentially being shut down.  Where would I find this information? Is there a way to find out of it is for sure a legal non-conforming?

Also, we are wanting to get started on house flipping as we did this with our previous home and made a good profit. So we have been thinking that if all else fails with keeping the duplex as a duplex we could turn it into a fully renovated single family and sell as it's in a spectacular neighbourhood.    

We are very open to any ideas and suggestions that people may have as we are going crazy wondering what the best route is to take.  

Thank you for your time!

Loading replies...