Skip to content
General Landlording & Rental Properties

User Stats

Votes
Nathan Gesner
  • Real Estate Broker
  • Cody, WY
Votes |
Has anyone watched "Renters" on Netflix?

Nathan Gesner
  • Real Estate Broker
  • Cody, WY
ModeratorPosted Jan 13 2018, 22:04

I just discovered this show tonight and watched the first couple episodes. It's a "reality" show from New Zealand and follows multiple property managers as they inspect properties and deal with tenant problems. 

They haven't shown anything far-fetched yet. In fact, I've had worse situations than anything they've shown so far. It's interesting that some of their problems seem to be self-inflicted. Examples:

1. PM notices a fire pit in the back yard. She says, "I told them to stop that." Apparently she never followed up because they continued to burn trash, put holes in the wall, break doors, and more.

2. PM inspects a house after tenant moves out. This was not an eviction; the tenant left at the end of their lease. Near the end of the inspection the PM mentions that all the living room windows were replaced because "she smashed them" and the glass stove-top was replaced because "she smashed it." Why did they replace the windows and the stove top but never evict the tenant? And why is the PM surprised that she left the house a mess after breaking multiple windows and a stove top in less than one year? 

The show (and personalities) are somewhat bland but it's still entertaining.

• Property Manager Wyoming (#12599)

American West Realty & Management Logo

Loading replies...