North Carolinian New to bigger pockets

11 Replies

Hello BP!!

SUMMER is here!!!

My name Tamirrah Cox from NC near the Salisbury area. Im a new mom so excuse me if I take my adorable baby with me everywhere.

I'm looking for a mentor to guide me in the right direction in becoming a landlord.

I want to learn the landlord laws in NC,

The process of what a landlord does , and

Financial freedom.

I would love to connect with ppl to learn more.

Thank you so much for your support.

Welcome @Tamirrah Cox !

Here are a few reading resources to get you started:

NOLO I highly recommend buying their book, Every Landord's Legal Guide because it is full of practical information from marketing, application screening, evictions, deposits, pets, and more. It includes quite a few forms you can edit and use.

Actual state statutes you should keep a copy of this on hand. Print it off, read it, highlight it, and reference it. Update it every year to see if anything has changed.

HUD resources

Good luck!

Welcome to BP @Tamirrah Cox , fellow newbie here. I live in Boston but lived in North Charlotte close to the town of Concord in Cabarrus county. I think there are lots of opportunities there but don`t listen to me, let your numbers add and go for your deals when you are ready. Also BP is a great educational resource and there is a lot of free content here you can learn from (e.g. forums, podcast etc). Welcome once again and best of luck 

@Rudy Avila would love to hear about your mobile home park I’m considering purchasing one. I have a friend that just inherited 30 trailers and numbers have me thinking hard. I have made a few trips to Salisbury making an offer on a 4 unit a few months back. Rents seem strong there it’s on my list to revisit. 

Originally posted by @Tamirrah Cox :

Hello BP!!

SUMMER is here!!!

My name Tamirrah Cox from NC near the Salisbury area. Im a new mom so excuse me if I take my adorable baby with me everywhere.

I'm looking for a mentor to guide me in the right direction in becoming a landlord.

I want to learn the landlord laws in NC,

The process of what a landlord does , and

Financial freedom.

I would love to connect with ppl to learn more.

Thank you so much for your support.

Welcome aboard.