• Real Estate Broker
  • Cody, WY
Votes |
Pet odor: Ozone Generator Makes Magic!

Nathan Gesner
  • Real Estate Broker
  • Cody, WY
ModeratorPosted May 25 2020, 06:05

I have an ozone generator that continues to surprise me. I use it to remove odors in a variety of situations like smoke, pets, or even certain food smells. 

Last year I took over management of a nice house but it had a slight pet odor in the basement. Previous tenants had lived there for 10 years, were elderly, and had two small dogs. It's not unusual to have some "accidents" and the smell was barely noticeable. Before we could even attempt to remedy it, another couple wanted to rent the property and accepted it "as is" because they didn't even notice the odor. 

They moved out last week and had the carpets cleaned. The pet odor was stronger than before. This seems to happen when carpets are cleaned and it brings the odors back up. I took my ozone machine to the house and ran it for 12 hours. I went back the next day and the odor was TERRIBLE! It was much, much worse than before and actually making me gag, which is hard to do. I thought the carpet would have to be replaced because it was awful. However, I decided to try airing the space out and then run the ozone machine one more time.

I went back on day three and the odor is completely gone! I can't smell even a hint of it! I closed the house up and checked it again the fourth day and the odor is still gone. It's a miracle!

The ozone generator doesn't always work but it works most of the time and sometimes it works miracles!

Has anyone else used one? Is your experience the same?

• Property Manager Wyoming (#12599)

American West Realty & Management Logo

Loading replies...