RentRedi, TenantCloud, Hemlane or Innago

23 Replies

Hi Bigger Pockets Family

I was wondering has anyone used RentRedi, Innago, Hemlane or TenantCloud? I know that with only a few properties I could handle things without the software but I'd rather start using it now and continue as I grow. 

Hi @Darvin Johnson  

I'm a Tenant Cloud user. Been managing my rentals with the help of this app for a few years. What can I say? it's a good solution for DIY landlords with smaller portfolios. I started with a free basic plan and then upgraded to a higher subscription as I needed more functionality. 

Unfortunately, I have no experience with other services you've mentioned but if you're interested in learning more about Tenant cloud, don't hesitate to ask. Will be glad to share my experience! 

@Dakota Wilde  

Thanks for the tip. I might need to play around with them all a bit to really decide but I'm going to look through the features over the next few days to see if that helps more. Was there anything specific that caused you to upgrade to the paid version? Do you also list your properties on other sites or strictly through the one provided?

@Darvin Johnson  I have been using Innago for several years now to manage my rentals. The system is super easy to setup with and is very intuitive. The software is free for me to use, which is a big plus, considering all the features that they offer. My tenants can choose to pay either via ACH or card. Most pay through ACH and I've recommended that they set up Autopay. Innago charges a $2 ACH fee whenever they make a rent payment to me online. I would definitely recommend looking into it!

Originally posted by @Darvin Johnson :

Hi Bigger Pockets Family

I was wondering has anyone used RentRedi, Innago, Hemlane or TenantCloud? I know that with only a few properties I could handle things without the software but I'd rather start using it now and continue as I grow. 

Darvin, people could rave all day long about one particular software but that doesn't mean it will work well for you. My recommendation is that you find a software that works well for YOU. Write down the problems you want software to solve. Then find 3-4 systems you think will work for you. Get test accounts in each one and start running them through the wringer. Enter a property. Market the property. Submit an application as if you were a renter. Move yourself in. Enter charges and receive rent. Submit a maintenance request and track it to completion. Run a monthly owner statement.

When you complete a step with one software, repeat that same step with the others. This should quickly identify which software is easiest for you to use and that does the job well enough. Decide on a product and stick with it for a year to really learn it well. 

I like Rentredi a lot it is easy to use, tenants can quickly submit maintenance request and I can have my handymen take care of it directly without my coordination, tenants like that they can have their rents reported to the credit bureaus also although there is a fee for the tenants and the application is pretty thorough. They charge $9/mo I believe, but I think it is worth, plus if you use the bprookie code you can get an entire year for $1. They are really good about answering questions and responding in the chat I’d give them an A+ on customer service. I’d recommend setting up an account and playing with all of them as if you were a tenant and landlord to see which one you like the most

Hi Bigger Pockets Family

Hey Darvin,

I've been using RentRedi for a couple of months now and really enjoy it. My tenants do as well. So far everything has been pretty straightforward and easy to use. Anytime I've had a question I used their live chat and almost immediately had it answered. Let me know if you have any specific questions.

- Zach

Just as some others have said Rentredi is easy to use and if I have a question I look in their many articles, videos, or if I can’t find it I chat with their customer service and they answer also immediately! Seems to be a couple kinks they may need to work out and a landlord mobile app would be very helpful.

@Jabbar Adesada I don't mind the fee it's still A LOT cheaper than hiring a property manager and I had completely forgotten about the BP code! I definitely like the coordination with handymen, that'd be a huge help. Thanks for all of the info RentRedi has been at the top of the list of consideration. Stay safe brother 

USN - Veteran

@Zachary Jensen thanks. RentRedi is at the top of my list but I'll create an account and play around with them a bit. From the website the all have similar features but different pricing so once I see how they operate I'll pick one and stick with it. Stay safe out there brother and congrats on the up coming retirement. 

USN - Veteran

@Nels Lund are there any specific kinks you're thinking of?

The transition between steps in the process from prequalification, to applying, to occupancy is a bit of trial and error. Their chat service is excellent though!!

@Josh Reeter

I use rentredi and have not been super impressed. It has been giving one of my tenants trouble to do a password reset and as the landlord, I don’t have any option to reset it for him.

On rent Redi, Ach is $1 but takes a few days to get the funds. You can set it up to charge the tenant or to pay for it.

I have been using RentRedi for a few months and it has been a game changers. They have really nice support for landlords and tenants. I had a tenant who had their account messed up and RentRedi talked with the tenant directly and got it all resolved in just a few days. The app also allows tenants to submit their on time rent payments to the credit burrow which really gives them a nice encouragement to pay on time each month.

If you do go with RentRedi, look around for promo codes. I was able to get the first 12 months for $1.00 to test it out. I have no plans on switching services once my promo period runs out. 

Do not use Hemelane. I tried using it on the personal side for about a year and their maintenance GUI is nice but Tentant communication or searching etc is trash. We had to switch to Buildium. Also if you only have a dozen or so units Coyz is great. PropertyWare is also nice and that’s what our management company uses. I didn’t use Rentec, but during our trials they seemed simple and clean for 100 or less units.

But please do not use Hemelane. I had a terrible terrible experience with them on the most simple of tasks. The biggest being if the tenant won’t sign up for their portal (they don’t have an app or at least didn’t use to) you can’t do anything. Plus no in software texting. Plus they are the most expensive software out there. Double what others cost for way more headaches.

Hey Darvin 

We currently use RentRedi for our rentals and so far it has been working out pretty good. We can also do it on our own however we feel it's better to just automize as much as possible. Not to mention it saves us time on collecting rents, and if there's any problems they can just contact us directly through the app and it's all documented to make sure we (or they) do not forget anything and later say something didn't get done. So far it's been aces!

@Darvin Johnson

I use Hemlane and love it. Free trial, text messaging to tenants, easy to navigate, top notch customer support, accepts most forms of payment. I was a bit annoyed on their limited accounting features, but they just launched reports that seem to solve that problem for me now.