Newark/Fremont Meetup - Tues, 3/25/14 - 6:30PM

31 Replies

This event is brought to you by:
  • 03/25/14 06:30PM
  • 6180 Jarvis Ave, Ste A, Newark, CA 94560
  • Free

Disclaimer: BiggerPockets does not support or sponsor any meetups unless otherwise noted. Do your due diligence before attending any events. You may be agreeing to attend an event that includes promotion, pitching, or high-pressure sales tactics or techniques. Poster certifies that there will be no pitching of products or services at this event. Report

What: Last-minute Meetup in Fremont/Newark
When: Tuesday, 3/25/14 6:30PM
Where: Tenantively CoCurry Thai Cuisine; 6180 Jarvis Ave, Ste A, Newark, CA 94560 - in Lido Faire Shopping center on opposite side of 99 Ranch Market. (Chose for proximity to 84 & 880 freeways; just over bridge from Palo Alto, and 4/5 stars on Yelp). Check back on the day of the meetup just to make sure it is not changed to another nearby location, just in case.

I host a meetup every month in Oakland, and didn't get an opportunity to talk to Minh L, and some others from the East Bay as much as I would have liked. I'm thinking this last-minute meetup will be much smaller, and we'll have dinner instead of drinks.. Looking forward to seeing @Minh L. . , and maybe a few others!

Keywords:

South Bay, Peninsula, Palo Alto, Mountain View, San Jose, Sunnyvale, Redwood City, Hayward, Milpitas, Union City, Newark, Fremont

@Kiran R. if you want to join us. J is extremely knowledgeable on the lending side of the business.

@Esther Thomas , not sure if you can join us.

@Bing Lee , you should join us. It's right in your backyard. You can learn a few things from J. If you ever need to borrow money, he's your go to guy.

J, great restaurant choice. I love Thai, Indian and Korean food.

@Esther Thomas , you missed our East Bay Meetup! Come out if you can.. @Troy Fisher , I know we don't get to talk much, if you want to drive up. Not quite as far as Oakland! @Jessica Yau and Justin, if you're interested in coming out and talking multifamily with Minh, and I, you're welcome to join. I believe Minh mentioned @Dylan M. might be able to make it out. I also didn't see @Yuliany W. recently, and believe she is still interested in multifamily, which may end up being the highlight of conversations, if Minh and I are together. @Jaren Barnes and @Brandon Lee , I have a volunteer/non-profit idea I'd like to work on, and curious if you two have any [email protected] Tam , it might be a good time to catch up too, if you can make it out.

@Troy Fisher , @Jessica Yau , @Yuliany W. , @Dylan M. , @Jaren Barnes , @Brandon Lee , @Pete Tam ,

Read above!

@Minh L. , I almost picked a Korean place! One of my top favorites! (although I love everything basically..) But this one was a little closer to the freeways and what looks like what would have been more hassle with traffic going further into the tasty restaurants of Fremont.. 4 stars with 200+ reviews, so looking forward to it! On top of all the great conversation of course!

Thanks @Minh L. for adding me in, I will try to be there.

@J Martin Thanks for organizing this, and would love to talk learn about Lending

Cool!! A meetup in the South Bay (or at least closer). I'll do my best to show. I just can't make it all the way up to Oakland in a reasonable time.

Cyrus

Yeah I was double booked for last Thursday so I couldn't make it... I can make it, I'll talk to Jaren..

Thanks for the info. I will be there!

@J Martin, you are killing it with these meetups! I feel like I can talk to @Minh L. hours. Have fun you guys!

Originally posted by @Johnson H. :
@J Martin, you are killing it with these meetups! I feel like I can talk to @Minh L. hours. Have fun you guys!

What can I say? J is Mr. Personality.

J, not to make you jealous, but the first time I met Johnson, we talked for 3 hours. The 2nd time I met him, we talked for more than 4 hours, and we talked over a Japanese dinner too. I think we should spend a little time together to come up with an investment plan to take down bigger deals. I have a decent plan that I want to run them by you guys. Hope you guys can add some fire and make it burn at a much more rapid pace.

Chat more on Tuesday afternoon.

@Minh L.

It sounds like you are trying to drag me out to this meetup and its working! I am always on the hunt for deals, especially bigger. Let's talk about your plan tomorrow night, very excited. If you have something on paper already, email it to me so I can review it before the meetup. Thanks!

Originally posted by @Johnson H. :
@Minh L.

It sounds like you are trying to drag me out to this meetup and its working! I am always on the hunt for deals, especially bigger. Let's talk about your plan tomorrow night, very excited. If you have something on paper already, email it to me so I can review it before the meetup. Thanks!

Great. It will be nice to see you again tomorrow night. Dinner is on J. :)

I have a deadline at work this week, so I'm not sure if I can make it to this, but I will try my best.

Originally posted by @Robert Musallam :
@Minh L. I would love to attend, if possible. I'm new to BP but would love to be around seasoned minds as you all go about discussing your craft.

Sure. J is the organizer. I don't think he minds. See you there tomorrow.

I know @Minh L. , I think we only talked for a couple hours the first time we met, and haven't been good about setting aside time since then! Sounds like it will be a lively discussion with @Johnson H. too, on your new plans Minh. Interested in hearing what you have in mind.. I'm going to open an open house tomorrow at lunch and like the numbers, so hopefully I can lock up the contract.. With some of that sweet 30yr fixed financing I love! lol 4.75% w/ no points on 4plex.. It's about a 1.75% premium over the 5/1 ARM rate for the extra 25 years of fixed rate. So it's give and take, but I'm in it for the long haul...

@Kiran R. , @Cyrus Lendvay , and @Robert Musallam , we'll see you there. Might be a multi-family/commercial real estate-heavy "advanced" discussion with this group.. @Yuliany W. , glad you can make it and be a part of this discussion. @Brandon Lee , glad you can make it out too, and @Jaren Barnes if he can. I'd like to talk to you about organizing some non-profit activities. @Dylan M. , sorry you can't make it. Next time! Looking forward to it! See you all tomorrow!

btw @Johnson H. , I've been scheduling meetups at places outside the monthly Oakland meetup while I'm out on jobs. Which is why you see them popping up. Interesting talking to different investors in different areas.. So Santa Rosa, Stockton, Fremont..

On a separate note, I believe we have a mutual acquaintance who lives in Fairfield and is involved in the CRE market in case something pops up in your criteria.. but I'll talk to you about it there.

Where: CoCurry Thai Cuisine; 6180 Jarvis Ave, Ste A, Newark, CA 94560 - in Lido Faire Shopping center on opposite side of 99 Ranch Market. (Chose for proximity to 84 & 880 freeways; just over bridge from Palo Alto, and 4/5 stars on Yelp).

I'll be there, hope there's still room!

I believe that makes 9 @Esther Thomas . Glad you can make it!

I made reservations for 10 and they said they can accomodate us, so we should be good. Looking forward to seeing you all there! Call me if you have any issues. 510-863-1190

Where: CoCurry Thai Cuisine; 6180 Jarvis Ave, Ste A, Newark, CA 94560

I can't make it tonight but I hope you all have fun!

I missed the last few but have a lot going on so I hope to get to another meetup soon!

@J. Martin is there any room for 2 more?

Updated about 4 years ago

If not than its OK. I understand the limited seating. I'll come next time!

Updated over 3 years ago

If not than its OK. I understand the limited seating. I'll come next time!

@J Martin thanks for organizing! Had a blast!

For anyone interested, I've started a San Francisco Meetup on 4/10/14! Details here:

http://www.biggerpockets.com/forums/521/topics/122100-san-francisco-meetup---thursday-4-10-14

Close Thin

Join the Largest Real Estate Investing Community

Basic membership is free, forever.