MidAtlantic Real Estate Investor Summit, Oct. 18th -19th 2019!!!

MidAtlantic Real Estate Investor Summit, Oct. 18th -19th 2019!!!

This event is brought to you by:PPR Capital Management

When:

Where:237 S Broad St Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19107

Cost:$299

Disclaimer: BiggerPockets does not support or sponsor any meetups unless otherwise noted. Do your due diligence before attending any events. You may be agreeing to attend an event that includes promotion, pitching, or high-pressure sales tactics or techniques. There may be pitching of products, services or properties at this event!

Dave Van HornPro Member
Fund Manager · Wayne, PA · Member since 2009 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes

The 2019 MidAtlantic Real Estate Investor Summit has been officially announced for October 18th & 19th in Philadelphia, PA!

https://midatlanticsummit.com/

Last year’s MidAtlantic Summit was a complete success – not only did we bring 400+ real estate investors, speakers and industry experts together from around the globe for 2 full days of connecting, learning, and sharing… but we raised over $70,000+ for our charity partner, ProjectHOME in the process.

This upcoming year, we plan to do it even bigger and better! 

My goal with the Summit is to bring my 30+ years of experience and networking to one event and continue to build a community of investors on the East Coast (with some help from friends & experts nationwide). We plan to have over 20 speakers, panelists, and breakout session leaders including:

- @Kathy Fettke Market Cycles, Turnkey, Podcast Host Walnut Creek, CA

- @Brian Burke Syndication, Multifamily, Flipping Santa Rosa, CA

- @J Scott House Flipping/Author/Everything! Ellicott City, MD

- @John Casmon Apartment Investing/Podcast Host Chicago, IL

- @Matt Faircloth Raising Private Money/Apartment Investing. Trenton, NJ

- @Carl Fischer Self Directed IRAs Ambler, PA

- @Darren Sager Realtor and Value Proposition Property Summit, NJ

- @J. Martin World Traveler/Short Term & Furnished Rentals/SF Bay Summit Founder. Oakland, CA

- @Brandon Hall  Real Estate Investor Friendly CPA. Raleigh, NC/Washington D.C.

- @Paul Moore Commercial Real Estate Forest, VA

- @Al Williamson Furnished & Corporate Rentals. Sacramento, CA

- @Ashley Wilson High End Residential Rehabs/Rehabbing From Afar/Multifamily Radnor, PA

With more to be announced!!!

*DISCLOSURE* This a NO PITCH/NO SALES Event, so don't expect anyone selling from the stage. Just good ol' fashion sharing, teaching, and connecting between like-minded individuals from all over. This is also NOT a Bigger Pockets event. But...if you're active on BP's forums, read the blog, or listen to the podcast, you'll definitely see some familiar faces!

So get your (early bird) ticket now! Early bird tix are only on sale from now until Jan. 22nd!

https://midatlanticsummit.com/register/


SOME TOPICS WE PLAN TO COVER:


BRRR, Tax Strategies for REI, Scaling Your Business, Note Investing, Out of State Investing, Short Term Rentals, Marketing for Buyers & Sellers, Wholesaling & Flipping, Commercial Real Estate, Creative Real Estate Finance, and more! So join investors from New York City, Philadelphia, Baltimore, Boston, and the rest of the MidAtlantic area (and beyond!) for our best event yet!

VENUE INFO

Event: MidAtlantic Real Estate Investor Summit
Date: Friday & Sat. Oct 18th - 19th 2019 (with a Meet & Greet the night of Oct. 17th!)
Location: Philadelphia, PA @ DoubleTree Center City by Hilton Hotel

Get more info & Tickets here. Spots are limited!

https://midatlanticsummit.com/

Speakers, attendees, potential attendees, feel free to comment, tag friends, and ask questions! Can't wait to get the ball rolling on such a great event!

@Carl Fischer

@Brandon Hall

8Reply
174 views

Most Popular Reply

J ScottPro Member
Moderator
Investor · Sarasota, FL · Member since 2008 · 17k+ posts · 17k+ votes
7y

I highly recommend this event!!!  Dave brings together some of the best minds in real estate (and he even let's me join in as well :), and all the profits go to charity...  

I look forward to speaking, and even more so, I look forward to learning from the amazing speakers, panelists and all the great attendees.  

Last year, I made some amazing contacts at this even -- people that I still keep in touch with and some that I'll likely be partnering with in the future.

If you can only attend one event this year, this should be it!

See this reply in the discussion

62 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • J ScottPro Member
    Moderator
    Investor · Sarasota, FL · Member since 2008 · 17k+ posts · 17k+ votes
    7y

    I highly recommend this event!!!  Dave brings together some of the best minds in real estate (and he even let's me join in as well :), and all the profits go to charity...  

    I look forward to speaking, and even more so, I look forward to learning from the amazing speakers, panelists and all the great attendees.  

    Last year, I made some amazing contacts at this even -- people that I still keep in touch with and some that I'll likely be partnering with in the future.

    If you can only attend one event this year, this should be it!

  • Brian BurkePro Member
    Investor · Santa Rosa, CA · Member since 2012 · 2k+ posts · 7k+ votes
    7y

    It's flattering to be listed among this group of esteemed presenters!  I'm really looking forward to meeting everyone.  I'll do my best to share some insights I've learned from 30 years investing in real estate, 700 properties and 2000+ apartment units plus having raised nearly $100 million.  Hopefully I'll have something to say that will add value for someone!  See you there!

  • Ashley WilsonPro Member
    Rental Property Investor · Radnor, PA · Member since 2015 · 178 posts · 125 votes
    7y

    Last year I attended the first ever MidAtlantic Real Estate Investor Summit, and it did not disappoint!  In fact, I bought my tickets the day they went on sale this year, as it is still the best investor event I have attended to date (and that was before I was honored with the request to speak at this year's event)!  

    I am also looking forward to learning from the top investors in the industry!  It is remarkable the diversity of experts on this year's panel, and with Dave's no sales pitch approach this event is truly one of a kind.

    I look forward to seeing you all there, and providing actionable advise to take your investing to the next level!

  • Dave Van HornPro Member
    OP
    Fund Manager · Wayne, PA · Member since 2009 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    7y
  • Cary, NC · Member since 2017 · 41 posts · 14 votes
    7y

    @Dave Van Horn - already signed up for this year and can't wait to be inspired by the industry experts again!!

  • Rental Property Investor · New York City, NY · Member since 2017 · 38 posts · 22 votes
    7y

    Thanks, @Dave Van Horn. Planning to attend. 

  • Saint Petersburg, FL · Member since 2014 · 17 posts · 23 votes
    7y

    My only regret is we have to wait all the way until October! I'm already signed up.

  • Developer · Philadelphia, PA · Member since 2015 · 2k+ posts · 904 votes
    7y

    Great event and I highly recommend it.

    Good opportunity to meet some folks in person.

    Make sure you say Hi to @Ashley Wilson , she is pretty smart and talented

  • Russell BrazilBusiness Member
    Moderator
    Real Estate Agent · Washington, D.C. · Member since 2012 · 17k+ posts · 30k+ votes
    7y

    I just bought my ticket.  @Ned Carey can we drag you out of Baltimore to go?

  • Ashley WilsonPro Member
    Rental Property Investor · Radnor, PA · Member since 2015 · 178 posts · 125 votes
    7y

    @Percy N. I learned from the BEST!!! Thank you for everything you have taught me this year!!!

  • Carl FischerPro Member
    Rental Property Investor · Ambler, PA · Member since 2015 · 2k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    7y

    We had a great time last year, we are looking forward to the one in October! 

  • Dave Van HornPro Member
    OP
    Fund Manager · Wayne, PA · Member since 2009 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    7y

    Thanks everybody for the kind words on last year's event! I really think we're going to top it this year with the caliber of our lineup and guests.

    And yeah @Ned Carey, I'm with @Russell Brazil...what can we do to get you to come to Philly? We're trying to get as many 10,000+ forum posters in attendance as possible :) 

  • Jay HinrichsBusiness Member
    Real Estate Consultant · Summerlin, NV · Member since 2014 · 45k+ posts · 66k+ votes
    7y
    Originally posted by @Dave Van Horn:

    Thanks everybody for the kind words on last year's event! I really think we're going to top it this year with the caliber of our lineup and guests.

    And yeah @Ned Carey, I'm with @Russell Brazil...what can we do to get you to come to Philly? We're trying to get as many 10,000+ forum posters in attendance as possible :) 

    Dave just send an Uber for him and have some uber eats in there so its a relaxing what 90 minute drive or so. :) 

  • Russell BrazilBusiness Member
    Moderator
    Real Estate Agent · Washington, D.C. · Member since 2012 · 17k+ posts · 30k+ votes
    7y
    Originally posted by @Jay Hinrichs:
    Originally posted by @Dave Van Horn:

    Thanks everybody for the kind words on last year's event! I really think we're going to top it this year with the caliber of our lineup and guests.

    And yeah @Ned Carey, I'm with @Russell Brazil...what can we do to get you to come to Philly? We're trying to get as many 10,000+ forum posters in attendance as possible :) 

    Dave just send an Uber for him and have some uber eats in there so its a relaxing what 90 minute drive or so. :) 

     He can drive up with me, we only live about 30 mins away from each other lol

  • Specialist · Delran, NJ · Member since 2016 · 2k+ posts · 951 votes
    7y

    I'm camped outside the hotel now waiting. Pretty cold out here...

  • Rental Property Investor · Springfield, PA · Member since 2017 · 101 posts · 20 votes
    7y

    Thanks @Dave Van Horn I’m definitely interested in coming this year! 

  • Ned CareyPro Member
    Moderator
    Investor · Baltimore, MD · Member since 2008 · 17k+ posts · 13k+ votes
    7y

    @Dave Van Horn I just put it on my calendar. Now I just have to make sure my nephew doesn't decide to get married that weekend. 

    Well by then @Russell Brazil should have 10,000 easy.

  • Cassidy BurnsBusiness Member
    Investor · Alexandria, VA · Member since 2016 · 859 posts · 460 votes
    7y

    Just booked my tickets.  Looking forward to finally meeting everyone there!  Any other Washington, DC representatives attending? @Russell Brazil I know you said you will be there, looking forward to it.

  • James MasottiPro Member
    Rental Property Investor · Washington Township, NJ · Member since 2015 · 1k+ posts · 976 votes
    7y
    Originally posted by @Odie Ayaga:

    I'm camped outside the hotel now waiting. Pretty cold out here...

    Plenty of time for you to hype this event and get your sales commission from @Dave Van Horn

  • Dave Van HornPro Member
    OP
    Fund Manager · Wayne, PA · Member since 2009 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    7y

    @Cassidy Burns Going through our list of attendees last year it looks like we had a decent size presence from the Baltimore/D.C. area (but not seeing many of these people on BP) but could always use some more! Mr. @J Scott may know some :)

    Your question also brings up a good point when I look at the metrics. The attendee list is a pretty large pie that represents a wide array of areas. I noticed that aside from the tri-state area of PA/NJ/DE, a large percentage of attendees came from NYC, California, and Texas. We even had folks as far as Anchorage, Alaska, Spain, and Hong Kong attend the event! What's good about this diversity is you get different strategies or "spins" on strategies not as common on the east coast - like investing structure, "best use" ideas (many of which come from high end markets), new technology, how to handle market cycles, etc.

  • Dave Van HornPro Member
    OP
    Fund Manager · Wayne, PA · Member since 2009 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    7y

    @James Masotti Hey that's a good idea, maybe we should hire @Odie Ayaga :)

  • Parsippany, NJ · Member since 2016 · 64 posts · 49 votes
    7y

    Went to this event last year. I met someone there that I went on to help close a 40 unit deal. 

    I also met a handful of people that I still bounce ideas off of today. Dave runs a high quality event. 

    Can't wait to attend again. 

    FYI: I bought 5 tickets to get the early bird + 20% group discount. 

    DM me if you want one. 

    Only 2 left.

  • Investor · Hanford CA · Member since 2016 · 77 posts · 11 votes
    7y

    @Dave Van Horn thanks for the shout out invite David!  I'll be seeing you in Oakland at J. Martins event.  It's a bit closer to home. Can only do so many events during the year.  

  • Dave Van HornPro Member
    OP
    Fund Manager · Wayne, PA · Member since 2009 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    7y

    No worries @Brett Hearn! There's plenty of Summits to go around, and J. puts on a good show :) Look forward to seeing you there.

  • Dave Van HornPro Member
    OP
    Fund Manager · Wayne, PA · Member since 2009 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    7y

    Just want tot remind everyone that TOMORROW IS THE LAST DAY OF THE EARLY BIRD!

    It's the absolute lowest price for tickets, and we've already sold over 100 so far! So don't miss out before this sells out!

    Some other folks who might interested:

    @Dmitriy Fomichenko, @Paul Vincent, @Nichole Stohler @Shirley Xu @Erik Cabral @Account Closed

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.