Mastermind group focused on Short-term Rental Niche

Mastermind group focused on Short-term Rental Niche

Plantation, FL · Member since 2009 · 329 posts · 119 votes

Hi Folks,

Anyone familiar with a Mastermind group focused on Short-term rentals? It does not have to be local. I'd imagine having one with members located throughout the US would be more helpful so as to give a broader perspective. Again, looking for a Mastermind group with experienced investors focused on the STR niche.

3Reply
254 views

Most Popular Reply

Luke CarlPro Member
Rental Property Investor · Tennessee Florida · Member since 2016 · 4k+ posts · 5k+ votes
8y
@Anand S. Let me know if you need anything from the Pigeon Forge Gatlinburg market!
See this reply in the discussion

46 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Investor · Orlando, FL · Member since 2012 · 312 posts · 165 votes
    8y

    If none start one lets start one, I have 4 rentals in Disney World area

  • Rental Property Investor · Miami, FL · Member since 2017 · 11 posts · 5 votes
    8y
    @Anand S. I’m definitely interested in this RE strategy. Living in Florida it seems like a great way to take advantage of our year round visitors. Do you have any STR properties now? I’m interested in the keys, and maybe Orlando as well.
  • Luke CarlPro Member
    Rental Property Investor · Tennessee Florida · Member since 2016 · 4k+ posts · 5k+ votes
    8y
    @Anand S. Let me know if you need anything from the Pigeon Forge Gatlinburg market!
  • Real Estate Investor & Consultant · Los Angeles, CA · Member since 2016 · 620 posts · 386 votes
    8y

    Count me in @Anand S.

  • Plantation, FL · Member since 2009 · 329 posts · 119 votes
    8y

    Thanks for the interest folks. Looks like there currently isn't a Mastermind focused on this niche, so forming one would make sense if we there's healthy interest. 

    I believe this forum and the relevant podcasts provide a solid resource for the novice player entering or exploring this niche, and envision this Mastermind group as one encompassing seasoned players that can share their experiences and mutually benefit from others doing the same. I also see it as a sounding board for new ideas and ways to gain partnerships in geographies that would otherwise not be feasible. 

    Let me know your thoughts?

  • Investor · Member since 2016 · 47 posts · 9 votes
    8y

    Hi All: 

    I would be interested in joining a mastermind group and sharing my experiences, count me in.

    Gary Campanaro

  • Accountant · Orlando, FL · Member since 2016 · 6 posts · 2 votes
    8y
    Count me in as well @Anand S.
  • Investor · Fort Pierce, FL · Member since 2014 · 94 posts · 46 votes
    8y
    We own 4 vacation rentals on the East Coast of Florida in an area called the Treasure Coast.  I am definitely interested and willing to contribute my time to the creation of the group.  Florida is unique in its laws regarding STR laws and a group I feel will benefit everyone with staying on top of changing regulations and trends.

    Count me in!

    Originally posted by @Anand S.:

    Thanks for the interest folks. Looks like there currently isn't a Mastermind focused on this niche, so forming one would make sense if we there's healthy interest. 

    I believe this forum and the relevant podcasts provide a solid resource for the novice player entering or exploring this niche, and envision this Mastermind group as one encompassing seasoned players that can share their experiences and mutually benefit from others doing the same. I also see it as a sounding board for new ideas and ways to gain partnerships in geographies that would otherwise not be feasible. 

    Let me know your thoughts?

  • Rental Property Investor · Diamond Bar, CA · Member since 2016 · 19 posts · 5 votes
    8y

    @Anand S. I'm about to sign my first property within the next 45 days, my partner owns a few STR's, has been operating them for 6 years. I'd love to join such a group. Keep me in the loop.

    Would a phone app, Facebook group, or some other means be the most preferable method for you all?

  • Rental Property Investor · San Francisco, CA · Member since 2016 · 227 posts · 365 votes
    8y

    @Anand S. - Count me in! I run 8 full-time furnished rentals for business travelers in San Francisco and San Mateo counties (just south of SF). Also I am part of a US-wide facebook community of furnished rental hosts led by @Al Williamson, and some like @J. Martin are brilliant with a ton of experience. 

  • Professional · Chicago, IL · Member since 2012 · 197 posts · 131 votes
    8y

    Interested. Manage many Airbnb's in Chicago

  • USA · Member since 2017 · 12 posts · 3 votes
    8y

    I'm interested. I recently found about STR opportunities for refinery workers in the East (San Francisco) Bay and want to learn more.

  • Rental Property Investor · FL · Member since 2018 · 12 posts · 6 votes
    8y

    @Anand S., I would love to be part of a Mastermind group focusing on short-term rentals. I currently have a short term vacation rental on the Gulf Coast of Florida and working on a rehab for a vacation rental in South Florida. Any knowledge that I can gain or give would be fantastic. Great idea, please count me in!

  • Flipper/Rehabber · Lehi, UT · Member since 2017 · 20 posts · 10 votes
    8y

    I’m open to joining. I have one up north here in Garden City Utah!

  • Rental Property Investor · Miami, FL · Member since 2016 · 173 posts · 206 votes
    8y
    I would love to join a national Mastermind group. Count me in! I have 3 Airbnb’s in Miami and am currrently in the process of converting 3 more rentals from long term to short term in the Miami and Ft Lauderdale area. I also run a MeetUp group (something like a Mastermind group) in Miami/Ft. Lauderdale where vacation rental owners and managers get together once a month at the VR property of one of our members to network, trade tips on best practices for hosting, and exchange info on which Miami and Ft Lauderdale neighborhoods are doing well on Airbnb. PM me for more details.
  • Oceanside, CA · Member since 2015 · 32 posts · 18 votes
    8y

    I would love to be a part of this. Currently have 5 long term rental units, looking to shift towards the STR market.

  • Investor · Saint Ignace, MI · Member since 2015 · 27 posts · 13 votes
    8y

    interested as well... own a real estate and property management company...handle  about 20 short and long term rentals..

  • Investor · Black Diamond, WA · Member since 2016 · 123 posts · 127 votes
    8y

    I'd love to be involved in this Mastermind group. My business partner and I have learned tons by operating our 6 bedroom STR in Seattle, which is has averaged around 80% occupancy over the past 3 years. Now we're buying cabins in the mountains and doing the same.

    What format will our Mastermind group take? I suggest we start with an online group and then meet periodically in person, maybe some sort of a mini STR annual summit?

  • Cypress, TX · Member since 2018 · 7 posts · 1 vote
    8y

    I am headed in this direction and would love to learn and contribute to the group. Please count me in.  

  • Rental Property Investor · Phoenix, AZ · Member since 2016 · 13 posts · 19 votes
    8y
    Currently do STR’s in Scottsdale, AZ. Definitely would be interested in joining the mastermind. Happy to help set it up or provide any assistance i can? Message me if your need anything?
  • Real Estate Broker · East TN Loudon/Lenoir City/Tellico Village · Member since 2014 · 363 posts · 222 votes
    8y

    Interested 

  • Rental Property Investor · The Villages, FL · Member since 2017 · 341 posts · 398 votes
    8y

    I would also be interested. I have 2 short term rentals in Florida that are doing well and I have been learning as I go. Always looking for more information and ways to innovate.

  • Atlantic City, NJ · Member since 2014 · 14 posts · 1 vote
    8y

    Would love to join in. I own a STR in L.A. and Airbnb rooms in our home in Atlantic City. Planning to expand our inventory soon and think I can give and gain help in a STR group.

  • Real Estate Broker · East TN Loudon/Lenoir City/Tellico Village · Member since 2014 · 363 posts · 222 votes
    8y

    Following... Count me in! Thanks

  • Investor · Soldotna, AK · Member since 2015 · 103 posts · 64 votes
    8y

    I'm interested

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.