Recommendations on Books for AirBnB

11 Replies

Hello all. My partners and I are in contract with a 2 family property in Newburgh, NY. Our plan is to convert the property into a 3 family. I am considering using one of the units for AirBnB.

Can anyone recommend some books or other resources to help me learn as much as I can about AirBnB?

Originally posted by @Michael Vazquez :

Hello all. My partners and I are in contract with a 2 family property in Newburgh, NY. Our plan is to convert the property into a 3 family. I am considering using one of the units for AirBnB.

Can anyone recommend some books or other resources to help me learn as much as I can about AirBnB?

scroll down. good luck with your new adventure

Is this going to be a vacation rental or just a STR?

Do you have demand in this area for a STR? Like business travel, close to downtown or a hospital etc?

Read old posts by John Underwood, Michael Baum, Julie McCoy and Luke Carl.  Don't read my old posts, they are nothing but horror stories about short term rentals.  2 weeks ago the pipes were frozen in my house.  Had to use toilet water for my pre-workout coffee.  That's sort of how every day of mine goes.

Hey @Michael Vazquez , like @Paul Sandhu and @John Underwood said, just read everything here. Books are not necessary.

If you are going for professionals instead of vacationer's, FurnishedFinders.com is a good place to advertise. My neighbor uses it for her home next door to us and she has plenty of contacts. Nurses and people working for the legislature among others.

@Michael Vazquez I thought the following books were good basic books:

Get Paid for my pad

Optimize my Airbnb (I think he just rebranded. Not sure what he calls his book now. )

If you have questions happy to help as well. Feel free to message me.

Thanks,

I recommend How To Rent Vacation Properties by Owner by Christine Hrib-Karpinski. I knew Christine when we both worked at Homeaway.com, she as an industry leader consultant and me as a Customer Service Manager. This is a comprehensive "how to" book that walks you through beginning to think about acquiring an investment property through how to manage it yourself. Very good resource!