Hello from a New Member in Orange County, CA

5 Replies

Hello everyone,

I'd like to introduce myself. I found this site while doing some due diligence on a real estate brokerage firm and discovered this hidden (to me anyway) gem of real estate investing information.

I live near the beach in Orange County currently renting a place at 0.3% of its Market Value (I like the 2% metric people use here). I just began the process of becoming a licensed real estate agent. My plan is to offer my services to real estate investors and gain transaction experience so that I may start investing myself. I look forward to becoming an active member.

Hey Ryan, welcome!

I'm in Tustin, so probably not too far from you. I just got started on BP too and I'm going to try to make the meetup in Lake Forest next week. Hope to see you there!

Promotion
Guaranteed Rate
Guaranteed Rate is a top mortgage lender
Save $1,290 on your next home – no lender fee*
Get special perks like $1,290 in lender fee savings when you buy a second home with Guaranteed Rate.
Apply Now

@Joe Homs Thanks for saying hello and extending the invitation. I will make plans to attend the event. For the RE license I enrolled in 3 online courses (Principles, Practice, and Finance) offered through California School of Real Estate and purchased a study guide to get me started.

Hi, @Matt Kvalheim I hope to see you there.

@Ryan Byrne Welcome to BP! I see you jumped right in confirming for the meetup! that's great. It's the first meetup we've had, so it's good timing. @Matt Kvalheim and @Joe Homs We'll see you there too I hope!

Bring your questions, deals, and let's see if we can help each other.

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you