Votes
Nicolas R.
  • Fountain Valley, CA
Votes |
Another day, another Southern California beginner

Nicolas R.
  • Fountain Valley, CA
Posted Nov 18 2014, 11:34

Hi, all. My name is Nick, and I'm an Electrical Engineer living in Orange County, CA. I stumbled across this website while doing some research on investing in cash flowing rental property. My original goal was to allocate some savings towards rental property in order to generate passive income and (hopefully) achieve better returns than a broad stock market fund. I've learned a lot since then, and am leaning more towards doing rehabs to build more capital and provide an opportunity to hold on to a few that present good rental opportunities. I have no intentions of leaving my day job anytime soon, so I think one of the biggest challenges for me (on top of finding great deals) will be assembling a competent team that I can trust. That's the idea, anyway. From what I can tell, the Inland Empire is the right area for me to focus on. I think my next step is to find a wholesaler and a contractor.

This site has already been a tremendous resource for me, and I hope to find ways to contribute to the greater good like so many of you have been doing.

Loading replies...