Vigilant Newbie From Boynton Beach, Florida

9 Replies

My name is Ricardo Charles and I am very interested and excited about Real Estate I realize there are so many opportunities.  I just want surround myself with some great people.  I recently found bigger pockets on my internet exploration and research and I find myself wanting to do more with Real Estate.  I am currently an application developer which for me is more of a project management deal.  I want to do something in real estate and create long term wealth.  I know it is not an overnight thing but I am willing to work and willing to learn.  Please feel free to give me a call if your in the south florida area.  I would love to chat.    

@Ricardo Charles

Welcome to BiggerPockets, a place to interact with a vibrant REI group, learn the real estate business and language at near zero cost. It doesn't matter if you are young or old, totally new or need to build upon your experience.

Yes, you have just announced a commitment to the thousands in this community about

your seriousness regarding REI and have taken this bold step to affirm it.

Your time on this site and with the BiggerPockets community will be well spent and can be financially rewarding if you so desire.

You are here at the Forum, but, should raise your mouse to the top and explore the other

headings displayed.

Don't get overwhelmed by the massive amount of data archived on this site.

Simply, bone up on the areas that you need to expand knowledge in such as, Forums,

Marketplace, Learn, Network, Analyze, Resources.

Feast on the Podcasts, #askbp Podcasts, blogs, webinars and the myriad of book

recommendations.

Also, you can review the quick links below to help solidify your grip on this site.

After becoming more knowledgeable and confident because of my above suggestions,

take action to snag your first real estate investment deal if new or add to your

existing holdings if you have prior experience.

Don't get caught up in analysis paralysis.

You must immerse yourself in the RE marketplace locally in your neighborhood or afar if the situation warrants it.

Take calculated risks if needed and you shall be rewarded!

"Each step you take reveals a new horizon. You have taken the first step today. Now, I challenge you to take another." - Dan Poynter

Lastly, don't forget that we are here to help and likewise learn from your contributions. Good luck and happy investing, again, welcome aboard!

@James Wise

I found this unit on homepath and I need some help not sure on exactly how to go about it.  I would eventually like get into the rental properties aspect also bUT I know it will take sometime. But if you have any recommendations  I am open to your professional  advice.  

@Ricardo Charles

Welcome. 

Locate and attend 3 different local REIA club meetings great place to meet people gather resources and info. Here you will meet wholesalers who provide deals and rehabbers (cash buyers). Find them through Google and meetup.com

Two Great reads, I bought both J. Scott The Book on Flipping Houses, The Book on Estimating ReHab Costs http://www.biggerpockets.com/flippingbook

Consider checking out HUD homes for small multi's owner occupied gets first crack.

Download BP’s newest book here some good due diligence in Chapter 10. Real Estate Rewind Starting over

http://www.biggerpockets.com/files/user/brandonatbp/file/real-estate-rewind-a-biggerpockets-community-book

Good Luck

Paul 

@Ricardo Charles ,

To make the @ work, do the following:
Hold down the shift key and type @?
Look below this Window, and you will see a list of names of people that have posted in this thread.
Click on the name of the person that you want notified via an email, that you responded to them.
If you are a Colleague with anyone that has NOT posted in the thread, and you want them to see your post, hold down the shift key, type the @ and the first 4 letters of their First or Last Name.
Then look below this Window and click on that person's name.
Raymond

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you