Newcomer in Apex, North Carolina

11 Replies

Hey everybody - My name is Jordan Jett, and I am completely new to real estate investing. I graduated from college this past May and am looking to learn as much as I can and get involved. 

Would love to meet/help out anyone who is operating in the area. Looking forward to being a part of this community! 

Hey @Jordan Jett welcome to BP you couldn't have picked a better location to get a nearly 100% free education on all things real estate investing. Are you new to Apex? Its a great part of the state, I live in Charlotte, but I'm sure that market will have some good opportunities for you once you get settled in. My advice would be listen to the podcast they are a wealth of knowledge and can often be utilized while doing something else (like my actual 9-5). Outside of that the forums are literally a gold mine of knowledge. Just hang around and you'll see the most novice investor getting feedback from seasoned pros. Best of luck to you and if you're in the Charlotte area anytime soon be sure to reach out!

Thanks everyone for the replies and advice! I will definitely take a look at the resources you all mentioned. Actually started reading one of the free ebooks from the site today. 

@Jasmine S. I just moved in about a month ago  - I went to school in Philly. Glad to hear it's a good area to be in. May be in Charlotte in a few weeks so I will definitely reach out!

Welcome aboard @Jordan Jett . We do have our meetup in Cary this coming Thursday. Of course you are all welcome to attend. Please see the info in the Events and Happenings forum. Come and network with fellow local BP Investors.

@Jordan Jett

Welcome to the site and congrats on the recent college graduation - that's big!

There's enough free knowledge about investing in real estate on this site to last you a lifetime. Lots of good replies and advice here but the main thing I recommend is taking action. Regardless of how big or small, just take action and continue making progress. Network, learn from the trial & error of those who have done it before you, and stay focused on your goals. 

If you're free this Thursday there is a BP meetup from 6-9pm at Rally Point Sport Grill in Cary. There's no cost and you'll be able to chat with some other local BP members about real estate. 

Greetings @Jordan Jett . BiggerPockets is a great resource and the podcasts are worth their weight in gold. I have a couple of properties in the Triad area and is a great market as well as the RTP. I wish you the best of luck and use us (Bigger Pockets) to help build your empire.

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you