Skip to content
New Member Introductions

User Stats

Votes
Nathan Hartmann
  • Real Estate Investor
  • Houston, TX
Votes |
And so... It Begins. Research to Action.

Nathan Hartmann
  • Real Estate Investor
  • Houston, TX
Posted Mar 16 2016, 11:02

It began in November 2015. Read 'Rich Dad, Poor Dad' on a college friend's recommendation... and what a paradigm shift did it have on me! Granted, ever since the spring of 2015 I have been exploring various ways of making money (photography business, stock trading...) and had taken numerous action steps but nothing seemed feasible as I waded into the unknown, nor were they aligning with my strengths and passions.

But.

Real Estate.

The Potential.

I immediately searched out and attended several REI clubs in the Houston area, witnessed a couple case studies by 'average people working day jobs' and my mind was blown. This is possible. This has potential. This new world had been opened up to me which I had never known existed and in which a lot of my attributes/strengths can actually flourish (unlike in my current job). As I then grappled with my "why"... the why for wanting to get out of my engineering job, the why behind making more money, it began to crystallize (my faith and times in prayer are the main drivers in a lot of this clarity, fyi). I have a desire to support uplifting/encouraging art in Houston, for the art (music, performing arts, visual arts) is the heartbeat of the culture of a city, help propel the local church I am a part of to new levels of influence and ability to help (they have a large prison and drug addict ministry), and to provide future employment/contract work that can help establish good character and personal development in said employees.

Real Estate/Business has the potential to impact on a city level what would be nearly impossible to do in the position of a W2 salary, even at higher levels in the corporate ladder IMO.

This impact potential gets me absolutely jazzed.

And so since November I have devoured books, burned through podcasts, employed my excel and access skillz, joined a local REI club, met up with local investors, read numerous BP threads/blogs, and now begun the actual deployment of action steps.

The beginning of March has marked the real start of a new endeavor along side my engineering day job... heading down the Wholesaling route, seeing as deals are the must-have corner stone for this entire business. Mail campaign is out the door, door hanger campaign starts this weekend (being hung by yours truly), seller lead website continues be get improved, working through data to build my own future mail lists (versus buying them), and trying to prepare the back end system for making this as automated as possible from the get-go.

And so... it begins.

Glad to make my first post : )

Looking forward to encouraging, knowledge sharing, and adding value to this online community.

Loading replies...