Just getting started, Louisville, Kentucky

6 Replies

Hello BiggerPockets!

Like many of you, I got my inspiration to get into real estate from Robert Kiyosaki. In my goals group, I made it a goal to read all of the Rich Dad and Rich Dad Advisor books I could find.

There were close to 20 books, and I either listened to or read each of them within a 3-month span.

Mind = BLOWN.

I've been working in the hospitality field for about 20 years now, and I'm ready for something new and challenging and growth-oriented. Something with a lot more control and potential. 

Which is why I am here. Taking a baby step forward. I look forward to connecting with smart people from whom I can learn (and hopefully work with!). 

Get in touch!

Devin

Welcome to BP I've networked alot of here with alot of knowledgeable investors. My piece of advice which I didn't see in your post would be to focus on a specific aspect of real estate starting off whether it be buy and hold,flips or wholesaling etc. Next find forum post about whatever it is  you're interested  in and also podcast, they have helped me out alot. Again welcome and use BP to its full potential. 

@Devin Best

Yes sir, those ideas, if put into action, will change your life.

p.s. Ever been to the Knob Creek range? I used to exhibit at that show. If you have ever gone, you won't forget it. I think their next big event is next month. I don't do that drive anymore..it was easier when I was younger:)

Promotion
Sundae
Property Marketplace
Find Professionally Vetted Properties from Motivated Sellers
Eliminate the need to hunt for houses again. We bring your next investment opportunity to you.

Wow! What an incredible response! Thanks for making me feel welcome, guys!

@Joseph King Thanks! What's captured my attention is multi-family. I am looking for value-add opportunities in 8-units and above in a buy-and-hold long-term strategy. 

I am starting with very little financially, and a humble willingness to learn and mostly to TAKE ACTION. So my first foray into REI will be as syndicator.

@John Thedford I've never been there, and I have a colleague who is a volunteer fire fighter/videographer (interesting combo) who records the show every year. I've seen some insane footage!

Sincerely, I am shocked by the sense of community here! I'm hooked!

@Devin Best

OK...so now you have a clue about my high end sporting goods business:) I told one of the BP mods what is going on and I think I shocked him...seriously!

I haven't been up there in a few years but it was always a good time except when it hit about 20 degrees and I was frozen to the bone. Convinced me I want to stay in SW Florida.

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you