• Oestrich Winkel, Hessen
Votes |
New Member in Wiesbaden Germany area

Shane Barone
  • Property Manager
  • Oestrich Winkel, Hessen
Posted Oct 28 2016, 01:38

Greetings everyone!

My name is Shane Barone and I am a fairly new member here to bigger pockets. I have been a listener to the podcasts for quite some time and finally decided to jump on the forums and introduce myself.

I have been living in Germany for over 10 years, originally coming from the US state of Wisconsin. During my stay I have learned a great deal of the rental communities, markets, contractors, new build and property management. 

I have built a home here, with the project including the land analysis and eventual purchase, plumbing, electric, structure, design, landscaping and all the way to the finishing touches of wall paper and paint. I acted as the general contractor and learned a great deal of building code, good contractors, what to have in your contract and timelines.

Through this experience, I improved my German speaking to a business operational level and knowledge and know how. Because of this, some of my English speaking associates and home owners have trusted me with the management of their homes here in Germany as they transitioned back to America. 

In 2014, Barone Estate Management was formed as a self incorporated small business here in Germany. Since its inception, I have managed single family homes, condos, and town homes in the Wiesbaden, Stuttgart and Taunusstein area. 

I have experienced and resolved many situations, including move-ins, move outs, contract signing, security deposit returns, inspections, renovations, heater problems, water pipe breaks, property tax assessments and much more. 

Because I was able to "test out" the landlord act, and always wanted to purchase and maintain my own portfolio of homes for Military, local nationals and students, I began my search.

I just recently purchased my first rental condo and have begun the experience of being a landlord myself and learning the benefits and adversities. I bought a small apartment near where I live with the intention on renting to students of the local business university in Oestrich-Winkel (European Business School) 

Following renovation, I was able to immediately rent the apartment out and have since been looking for the next deal in my immediate area.

Now that the bug is stuck, I am starving to continue expanding my portfolio and continue moving forward with this property endeavor I am going to follow. 

As I move forward towards my goal of financial independence, I am on a never ending search for cash producing assets, investment in myself and my education and to find like minded individuals in which I can share a relationship with. 

I would be very grateful to meet up with other like minded individuals and potentially set up an event where we could all get together and talk about our successes, failures, troubles and listen to what each other has to say. 

For all you out there, please write, as I am looking to engage and meet with new people!!

Loading replies...