Skip to content
New Member Introductions

User Stats

Votes
Gregory J.
  • W2 Engineer and part time REI
  • St. Louis, MO
Votes |
Engineer and Project Manager investing in St. Louis, Mo.

Gregory J.
  • W2 Engineer and part time REI
  • St. Louis, MO
Posted Jun 26 2017, 15:21

Hello everyone, I'm a new investor from St. Louis, Mo. I currently have 1 door which was my old house that I moved out of, but researching the process of leasing it out led me to bigger pockets and now I am hooked. I'm currently in the process of laying the groundwork to begin investing by saving a little more cash, getting an attorney and CPA, and devouring podcasts and books.

I'm new to real estate but I have been doing project management, contractor management, and engineering for 8 years. I also have an MBA and am a certified Project Management Professional so a lot of the challenges here are not new to me. I have managed projects as large as $11M with up to 45 contractors under me at a time.

My long term plan is to replace my W-2 income plus 50% by age 40 (32 now) and then retire and go back to school for architecture to work for myself in real estate. I will do this by flipping houses to generate cash to acquire buy and hold multi families with value add opportunity. Very long term plan is to take on some of the beautiful 100+ year old brick buildings in St. Louis and transform them to meet modern needs while preserving their historic beauty.

While I'm still planning and saving, I am also anxious to jump in. If there is something I can do for you let me know. I would love to partner with an experienced out of town investor and work as a project manager for you. Or if you need something simple like someone to drive by a property or scope out a block to see what it looks like hit me up! 

Loading replies...