New investor in Boise area / Treasure Valley

7 Replies

Hi all, I just recently moved to Boise / Treasure Valley, which is where my wife is originally from. I have spent the last couple of years in commercial development specifically storage facilities, but I want to learn how to flip houses. I am interested in flipping houses to purchase buy and hold properties. I also own a property management company, which focuses on single family, multi-family, and small commercial space. It would be great to meet more investors in the area!

@Trever Nicoll hello and welcome to BiggerPockets!

First, BP is a treasure trove of information for new investors. Take advantage of the free blogs, articles, and podcasts on here. Be a sponge and take notes.

Second, consider joining a local real estate investment club in your area to network with other real estate investors and professionals locally.

Finally, bring your deals here so the more experienced investors can help you get your deals done right.

Happy to help in any way I can, Trever. Feel free to PM me at your convenience.

I wish you all the best in your real estate investing career.

Welcome @Trever Nicoll !  Star sure is a hot bed of activity right now.  Please be sure and join us for our next Boise meet up. ...dates TBD in September.   It sounds like you have a lot of experience to contribute to the conversation with!  

Trevor, the Boise Investment Group is the local REIA and is a really good one. You can get information for it on meetup.com. Meetings are once a month in the evenings and every Tuesday morning. Don't bother emailing the organizers because they probably won't get back to you, but definitely come and meet people. They always have really good topics and speakers.

Thanks everyone for reaching out. I am anxious to get connected to great people like you, and get started on some deals! 

@Jonna Weber - What is the meetup in September about? How do I get more information on it? Thanks

@Tricia McMasters - I just attended my first Thursday night meeting last week, and it was fantastic. What's great is I emailed the organizers a couple of times, and you're right I never heard back

Trever, 

Welcome back to the hottest real estate market in the Nation! LOL

My wife and I have a small meetup in Nampa every Monday morning at 9AM. You are welcome to join us if you are in the area. Find us on Meetup.com for details

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you