Vu Huynh
  • South Boston
Votes |
New investor from Boston, MA

Vu Huynh
  • South Boston
Posted Jul 13 2018, 17:04

Hi All,

I just wanted to introduce myself and say "Hi". I recently joined BP to get started in REI with my main interest being rentals in the Massachusetts area. What attracted me to BP was the network of people who actively participate in the forums and wanted to connect with like-minded individuals.

As for my background . . .

I'm originally from Massachusetts and have lived all around from growing up in central MA, going to college in western MA, and now living in Boston, so I'm pretty familiar with the general landscape of the state. I currently own a condo in South Boston for which the mortgage is my only source of debt. I'm employed full time as a sales engineer so real estate investing would be more a side project for me to earn additional income.

As some of you may know, the Boston real estate market has been booming recently so the Boston metro area is probably outside my wheelhouse. Ideally, I am looking for a property within an hour drive of Boston and no more than about 325k, with places near the commuter rail being very attractive. So cities like Worcester or Lowell seem to fit the bill, but I'm very much open to new ideas and suggestions.

Anyways, as I said before, I would love to meet/chat with any local investors, real estate agents, contractors, etc. So feel free to PM me. Also, I'm open to any advice, recommendations, or comments about investing in the Massachusetts area.

Thanks!

Loading replies...