Votes
Chad Lewis
  • Rohnert Park
Votes |
Newbie from Sonoma County, California

Chad Lewis
  • Rohnert Park
Posted Jul 15 2018, 17:10

Hello everyone! My name is Chad Lewis and I'm from Sonoma County, California (currently living in Rohnert Park with roots in Santa Rosa). I work for Bamtech Media as an Associate Software Engineer, which I absolutely love and am learning a ton every day. 

I have always been interested in real estate and have generally understood its opportunities for building wealth, but I have only recently caught the "real estate bug" and become focused and COMMITTED to investing in my financial freedom and education via real estate investment. 

A friend of mine (who is an active investor) suggested that I read Rich Dad, Poor Dad by Robert Kiyosaki to begin my journey - and WOW, did that really light a fire under me! Since finishing that and getting a better understanding of some of the psychology behind building wealth, my friend suggested I read The Book on Rental Property Investing by Brandon Turner. I started it a day and a half ago and am 150 pages in and even more committed than I was before! Thank you Brandon for what is so far a fantastic and educational read. 

Aside from reading, I've been listening to the BP podcast religiously during my commute to and from work, and bouncing ideas off my partner (she's is on-board, thankfully!) when we have free time together. 

As for now, my sights have narrowed on House Hacking, as that seems to be the best option for both myself and my partner at this time in our lives (considering our living needs, our expenses/liabilities, and current lack of significant capital). My plan is to live more frugally while setting aside as much as possible over the next year to 18 months before making my first deal. During that time I will absolutely be continuing to educate myself and my partner and gaining as much knowledge as possible. 

Thank you in advance to the community for any welcomes and advice/suggestions! I am absolutely open to advice and it is more than appreciated. Also, if you live in my area, please reach out and let me know! I'd love to say hi and talk about this particular area with respect to real estate investing. 

Loading replies...