• Central Texas
Votes |
Total Newbie from Austin, TX

Gordon Ray
  • New to Real Estate
  • Central Texas
Posted Aug 12 2020, 08:04

Hello everyone!

My name is Gordon and I'm totally new the idea of real estate investing. The past year has been an education in a lot of ways to make my money begin to work for itself. I think I've always had the dream of working part-time but earning a full time wage in the process. I spent my 20s and most of the 30s working in the customer support ecosystem, and the last 6 of those as a people manager. 

To level and get to brass tacks, I want to be my own boss. I want to make an income that allows me and my family to be comfortable. My dream would be to be with my family more than I'm "working". The freedom to travel and enjoy life rather than spending all of my effort to line the pockets of others. 

We just bought our first home, through that process my eyes have been opened a little more. This naivete is what sent me through life thinking I could never afford it, that I will never have enough of a down payment to own property. Let alone invest in real estate for the purpose of building wealth. I'm still absolutely naive about the whole process, but I have a desire to learn, grow, and succeed.

Not related to Real Estate, I'm 36 and married. We have two cats and one dog (she's a rare quiet and calm chihuahua), we are building a home in Leander, TX but currently live in an apartment in NW Austin. My wife and I are trying to build our family and live our life to the fullest.  

I look forward to meeting all of you and I am happy to answer any questions that you may have. Thanks for reading and have a great day!

-Gordon

Loading replies...