Investor · Mableton, GA · Member since 2009 · 1k+ posts · 465 votes
17y
Originally posted by Jesse:
Maybe a flat tax. Every individual pay a flat tax to be designated for certain income brackets.
People are eventually going to have to take care of themselves.
I believe the days of food stamps, social security, and other federal programs like these need to come to an end.
It's time to stop taking advantage of the system, make some sacrifices and do something for the good of the nation.
Sorry, Jessie. Not by a long shot. Flat tax is conservative idea to protect the rich from paying disproportionate taxes. That would never fly with the current congress or administration and as you can see, the opposite is happening.
With regard to cut all social programs and budget-busting entitlements, show me the congressman or senator who would vote for that and go back to his/ her state or district for re-election. No siree Bob...
Real Estate Investor · Tampa, FL · Member since 2008 · 456 posts · 42 votes
17y
Interesting you should bring this up. I was just discussing this very thing on a different post on the forum. I'm not sure its as cut and dry as what they make it out to be even in that article. One thing he neglects to mention is that China has been given eminent domain rights to the US. On the other post I was discussing the probability of their "foreclosing" in which case maybe you can trade in some of those US dollars at a discount rate for Chinese currency. I suppose one could trade their US dollars for other currencies but with all the world markets tied so closely together I'm not sure it would be of any benefit. It seems if one falls, we all fall.
Specialist · Las Cruces, NM · Member since 2009 · 557 posts · 71 votes
17y
Eminent Domain rights to the U.S.!
Wow, I'm surprised I haven't heard of this. Makes sense though.
So, if they wanted to, they could come knocking anytime and take a good portion of us over?
Specialist · Las Cruces, NM · Member since 2009 · 557 posts · 71 votes
17y
Originally posted by Eddie Ziv:
Get your Wheelbarrow ready. It will take a whole lots of cash to buy that loaf of bread...
It's amazing to me that that this isn't a bigger issue to people.
Whether you're a democrat, republican, latino, asian, or alien this is an issue that we should all be worried about.
Looks like it's time to begin stockpiling on oil, gold, and the all mighty euro.
Real Estate Investor · Tampa, FL · Member since 2008 · 456 posts · 42 votes
17y
Originally posted by Jesse R:
Eminent Domain rights to the U.S.!
Wow, I'm surprised I haven't heard of this. Makes sense though.
So, if they wanted to, they could come knocking anytime and take a good portion of us over?
Insane.....
That's right. That's what we have running the country. The insane that will mortgage us right out to another country. It also mentions that China can come in and take any property, mine, yours, cites, states and the US has agreed to relocate those citizens who may be affected anywhere they want whether you like it or not. Free country? Where?
Real Estate Investor · Tampa, FL · Member since 2008 · 456 posts · 42 votes
17y
Originally posted by Jesse R:
Originally posted by Eddie Ziv:
Get your Wheelbarrow ready. It will take a whole lots of cash to buy that loaf of bread...
It's amazing to me that that this isn't a bigger issue to people.
Whether you're a democrat, republican, latino, asian, or alien this is an issue that we should all be worried about.
Looks like it's time to begin stockpiling on oil, gold, and the all mighty euro.
People won't listen and don't care. Got their idiotic noses stuck in some ball game. Can't be bothered with saving their country, their homes and the freedom of their children. Brain dead sheep.
Investor · Mableton, GA · Member since 2009 · 1k+ posts · 465 votes
17y
Hey, look at the bright side. Your 5.5% 30 year fix rate mortgage, will be peanuts in 5-10 years....In a matter of fact, you will be able to pay off that mortgage in one big lump sum in 12 years and won't even feel it.... :mrgreen:
Specialist · Las Cruces, NM · Member since 2009 · 557 posts · 71 votes
17y
Originally posted by Karen Parker:
That's right. That's what we have running the country. The insane that will mortgage us right out to another country.
I guess the media hasn't heard of this either. I can't recall FOX, CNN, or MSNBC giving this much coverage.
Originally posted by Karen Parker:
It also mentions that China can come in and take any property, mine, yours, cites, states and the US has agreed to relocate those citizens who may be affected anywhere they want whether you like it or not. Free country? Where?
I'd like to see them try. Then maybe, and I mean maybe, the american people will stand up and unite for a cause that is meaningful and important to them and their grandchildren.
Real Estate Investor · Tampa, FL · Member since 2008 · 456 posts · 42 votes
17y
Originally posted by Jesse R:
Originally posted by Karen Parker:
That's right. That's what we have running the country. The insane that will mortgage us right out to another country.
I guess the media hasn't heard of this either. I can't recall FOX, CNN, or MSNBC giving this much coverage.
Originally posted by Karen Parker:
It also mentions that China can come in and take any property, mine, yours, cites, states and the US has agreed to relocate those citizens who may be affected anywhere they want whether you like it or not. Free country? Where?
I'd like to see them try. Then maybe, and I mean maybe, the american people will stand up and unite for a cause that is meaningful and important to them and their grandchildren.
Too bad they didn't do it before now. I've been hoping for it for a while. Some people, nameless but who also posted on here lol! thinks I'm a nut in thinking this country is ready for a major show down. But I am involved with a couple of states rights and sovereignty groups and it isn't just southern states that are are ready for "Change" lol!
Specialist · Las Cruces, NM · Member since 2009 · 557 posts · 71 votes
17y
Eventually there has to be a showdown.
It's best to fix the problem now when it is semi-manageable, than put it off for a decade and let everything go to waste.
Real Estate Investor · Tampa, FL · Member since 2008 · 456 posts · 42 votes
17y
Originally posted by Anson Young:
That sounds very conspiracy theory, do you have any proof of the china eminent domain stuff? I'm interested now!
That's another major problem. Every time the Fed does something outlandish and anyone says anything about it, the people of this country will dismiss it as conspiracy theory.
Investor · colorado springs, CO · Member since 2009 · 283 posts · 45 votes
17y
I hate to point out the obvious, but do we have anything else to go by other than a link to a discussion board? Nah, a conspiracy theory could not flourish in there... could it?
I'm not dismissing it as untrue, I'd just like to see something more tangible...
Real Estate Investor · Santa Cruz, CA · Member since 2009 · 267 posts · 73 votes
17y
So this eminent domain stuff... Let me get this straight: Since we are basically defaulting on our debts with our biggest financier, the country of China can 'foreclose' on the U.S.A.?
Supposedly Hilary Clinton signed some act into place that allows China to physically secure any U.S. hard assets. Regardless if this is true, semi-true or just a thoughtfully concocted conspiracy, I highly doubt a Chinese government official is going to go knocking on doors handing out notices that their home is now in the hands of the Chinese government due to the U.S. governement's inability to repay it's debt.
"Executive Order 13406 ("Protecting the Property Rights of the American People") states that the federal government must limit its use of the taking of private property "to situations in which the taking is for public use, with just compensation" and "not merely for the purpose of advancing the economic interest of private parties to be given ownership or use of the property taken.""
Like Snopes says, I would think this would be big news if it were true. However, I don't know who to believe or trust any more. There are probably all kinds of promises being made that we don't know about.
Real Estate Investor · Tampa, FL · Member since 2008 · 456 posts · 42 votes
17y
Originally posted by Joey Budka:
So this eminent domain stuff... Let me get this straight: Since we are basically defaulting on our debts with our biggest financier, the country of China can 'foreclose' on the U.S.A.?
Supposedly Hilary Clinton signed some act into place that allows China to physically secure any U.S. hard assets. Regardless if this is true, semi-true or just a thoughtfully concocted conspiracy, I highly doubt a Chinese government official is going to go knocking on doors handing out notices that their home is now in the hands of the Chinese government due to the U.S. governement's inability to repay it's debt.
Hahahaha.... Give me a break.
This is the first source I was given. I've seen many reference to it online. I'm sure every one is able to do their own research.
I wouldn't have thought one man could gather up a million people and exterminate them either but it happened.
Debbie, I saw that myself but I'm not sure how that proves or disproves anything.
Specialist · Las Cruces, NM · Member since 2009 · 557 posts · 71 votes
17y
I'm still on the fence here. Probably need to see some more evidence.
Regardless of whether the eminent domain issue is true or not, China at any point in time may ask for their money back.
This gives them a whole lot of leverage, don't you think?
Investor · colorado springs, CO · Member since 2009 · 283 posts · 45 votes
17y
Originally posted by Jesse R:
In the meanwhile, how about some input regarding the initial topic?
Yes, I stated in a different thread that US will pay its debt soon after the inflation will reach 2-3-400%. And that won't be long, considering all the money (currency) being "created" (printed).
And that China, although it knows that full well, has little to no better alternatives to this "short sale".
And I happen to believe Eddie (on the previous page) to be right on the money. Get in all the debt you can now (responsibly) because in a few short years you'll be able to pay that with pocket change. Of course, that's only my opinion (and Eddie's)