How do you know you're hooked on BiggerPockets?

How do you know you're hooked on BiggerPockets?

Flipper/Rehabber · Bakersfield, CA · Member since 2008 · 3k+ posts · 3k+ votes

when you're at a Lakers/Knicks game and your reading BP posts. Damn I need to get a life.

0Reply
37 views

Most Popular Reply

Developer · Garland, TX · Member since 2008 · 8k+ posts · 4k+ votes
14y

When you are up at 3:41 AM perusing the forums.

See this reply in the discussion

30 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Developer · Garland, TX · Member since 2008 · 8k+ posts · 4k+ votes
    14y

    When you are up at 3:41 AM perusing the forums.

  • SFR Investor · WY · Member since 2011 · 115 posts · 15 votes
    14y

    When you realize you haven't checked Facebook for two days, but have checked BP umpteen times a day.

  • Real Estate Investor · Salem, OR · Member since 2011 · 422 posts · 149 votes
    14y

    When you use your last post as a way to track new post in "Recent Activity"

  • Real Estate Investor · Chicago, IL · Member since 2008 · 318 posts · 30 votes
    14y
    Originally posted by Jon Klaus:
    When you are up at 3:41 AM perusing the forums.

    Ditto

  • Specialist · San Dimas, CA · Member since 2011 · 350 posts · 122 votes
    14y

    When you saw this post you rushed to make a comment! Ha ha!!

  • Real Estate Investor · Bellingham, WA · Member since 2008 · 407 posts · 90 votes
    14y

    That's a good one Arthur.

    If we are reading this post we are definitely hooked

  • FL · Member since 2009 · 2k+ posts · 357 votes
    14y

    I check this site, more than I check any other site, including various email accounts.

  • Multi-family Investor · Morton Grove, IL · Member since 2011 · 59 posts · 8 votes
    14y

    When BP starts giving you AWARDS and one of them is Addict!

  • Real Estate Investor · Hartford, CT · Member since 2011 · 222 posts · 17 votes
    14y

    When you can't go a day without thinking about it!

  • Investor · Columbus , OH · Member since 2010 · 311 posts · 51 votes
    14y

    When you are on BP for hours and miss your diner ! I love BP!

  • Real Estate Investor · West Des Moines, IA · Member since 2011 · 25 posts · 3 votes
    14y

    When your legs start falling asleep from sitting to long reading posts.

  • Developer · Garland, TX · Member since 2008 · 8k+ posts · 4k+ votes
    14y
    Originally posted by Tracey Williams:
    When you are on BP for hours and miss your diner ! I love BP!

    And the very same symptom causes your family to try to get you into rehab for your addiction.

  • Real Estate Investor · Hartford, CT · Member since 2011 · 222 posts · 17 votes
    14y

    LOL...great one jon!

  • Mark UpdegraffBusiness Member
    Real Estate Broker · Rochester, NY · Member since 2010 · 1k+ posts · 693 votes
    14y

    You watched Josh's entire series of barnyard adverts for the BP Summit!

    & forwarded the appropriate animal based on your friends personality :D :D :D

  • Joshua D.Pro Member
    BiggerPockets Founder · HI · Member since 2008 · 16k+ posts · 5k+ votes
    14y

    Mark - I appreciate the lengths to which you're hooked ;)

    For those people interested in these videos -- WARNING - they are dirty movies -- see:
    The Lengths We’ll Go To In Order to Get the Word Out

  • Indianapolis, IN · Member since 2008 · 244 posts · 36 votes
    14y

    When you're reading post and ignoring people that are talking to you in the same room, but act like you're listening to them.

  • Real Estate Investor · the villages, FL · Member since 2008 · 5k+ posts · 3k+ votes
    14y

    Like many others, I'm not addicted to BP. I can quit posting any time I want. I just don't want to right now. Rich

  • Real Estate Investor · Virginia, DC &, MD · Member since 2008 · 261 posts · 71 votes
    14y

    Admitting you have a problem is the first step to recovery.....

    And on that note I am still trying to get the frickin' Addict award. Always somehow miss it in the final days. :(

  • Investor · Little Rock, AR · Member since 2010 · 628 posts · 251 votes
    14y

    I got addicted to a fishing forum a few years back. I learned so much, that I can catch fish anytime I can get away on the lake. Now I check into BP 4 to 5 times a day instead. I sure hope investing gets as easy as fishing.
    Don

  • Jerry PuckettPro Member
    Wholesaler · Fort Worth, TX · Member since 2010 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    14y

    When you sent out new marketing last week, and the phone begins to ring....but you can't answer it right now because you're too busy replying to a post about how to talk to motivated sellers....(ring, ring.....yeah yeah, in a minute; I have to preview don't I?)

  • Investor · Fort Worth, TX · Member since 2011 · 1k+ posts · 450 votes
    14y

    Okay, I'll be done in just a couple minutes....

  • Real Estate investor · Atglen, PA · Member since 2011 · 90 posts · 21 votes
    14y

    When you are laying in bed reading posts on your iPhone till 3AM, instead of sleeping!

  • Will BarnardPro Member
    Moderator
    Developer · Santa Clarita, CA · Member since 2008 · 15k+ posts · 10k+ votes
    14y

    When you tell everyone, "Good news, I just saved hundreds on my RE insurance by switching to Biggerpockets!"

  • Will BarnardPro Member
    Moderator
    Developer · Santa Clarita, CA · Member since 2008 · 15k+ posts · 10k+ votes
    14y

    When everyone at all the local RE clubs think I am the owner of Biggerpockets! I have to set them straight and let them know I am just a freak addict on the site.

    I think I need to start charging you for all the verbal marketing Josh! :)

  • Investor, Entrepreneur, Educator · Springfield, MO · Member since 2009 · 21k+ posts · 12k+ votes
    14y

    You know it's addictive when you think you kicked the habbit but you relapse and, oh wait a minute, there's an ambulance in my driveway....what, two guys in white uniforms, they are holding some kind of jacket it looks like.....I think I better go.......

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.