Vermont REIA

Vermont REIA

Rental Property Investor · Milton, VT · Member since 2014 · 88 posts · 25 votes

Hey,

I'm reaching out in hopes of finding some fellow Vermonters who are part of this wonderful world of BP. I've been waiting anxiously to get involved in the Champlain Valley REIA, but the last two meetings have been cancelled due to low attendance. Are there any Vermont Investors interested in getting together for a meet and greet outside CVREIA? If so, message me on here and we can figure out a plan.

Thanks,

jay

2Reply
482 views

Most Popular Reply

Graham MinkPro Member
Rental Property Investor · Stowe, VT · Member since 2013 · 102 posts · 27 votes
12y
I'm in VT and I would love to get together with other Vermont Investors. Feel free to contact me if you find more people to get together.
See this reply in the discussion

151 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Montreal Quebec, Canada · Member since 2018 · 14 posts · 7 votes
    7y

    I'd likely be able to drive down for a Fri or Sat evening event.

  • Swanton, VT · Member since 2019 · 17 posts · 5 votes
    7y

    I would love to start attending meetings like this as well. I am not yet an investor, but ready to dive in head first. Looking to network and learn as much as humanly possible. Please let me know if you would be willing to have me. 

  • Rental Property Investor · South Burlington, VT · Member since 2015 · 15 posts · 9 votes
    7y

    Hi everyone. I would love to come to this event! 

    Foam is having their work party this Wednesday (4/17) so I think that is out.

    How about The Garage on Friday 4/19 at 7pm? It's on the corner of main and battery and they have shuffle board...

    Not sure how busy they will be but maybe with the holiday it might be lower key.

  • New to Real Estate · Burlington, VT · Member since 2019 · 20 posts · 3 votes
    7y

    Hi everyone! Friday the 19th at 7PM works very well for me as well.

  • Rental Property Investor · VT · Member since 2017 · 233 posts · 147 votes
    7y

    There are two new events listed on the event page, one is in S. Burlington 4-27 (Sat.) and one is for St. A on June 1st (Sat.) in the afternoons. 

  • Rental Property Investor · Milton, VT · Member since 2014 · 88 posts · 25 votes
    7y

    I'll be at the garage on 4/19 @ 7pm. Hopefully some others can make it as well! Looking forward to catching up with everyone.

  • New to Real Estate · Burlington, VT · Member since 2019 · 20 posts · 3 votes
    7y

    Hi Jay, I’ll be there! Looking forward to meeting you.

  • Flipper/Rehabber · Burlington, VT · Member since 2018 · 28 posts · 14 votes
    7y

    Hey all, I'll be stopping by the Garage at 7pm tonight for some networking and educational conversation :) Hoping to meet a few of you who can make it work :)

  • Milton, VT · Member since 2014 · 38 posts · 9 votes
    7y

    Sorry I missed this - been disconnected for a bit now.  I'll try and make the next one.

  • Burlington, VT · Member since 2019 · 10 posts · 4 votes
    7y

    Hi all,

    I'd love to attend the next meeting so definitely commenting to make sure I don't miss it!

    I'm new to real estate and investing. Been looking into it and going through BP (particularly the podcasts) for a couple months now. I recently started an Airbnb out of a spare bedroom we have and I booked every available weekend for my first month! Been doing a ton of work recently to prepare and been getting more into it the more I do! Current plan is to buy my first investment property in the next 1-2 years but doing everything I can to shorten that each day! 

    I look forward to meeting some of you!

    -Hunter

  • Flipper/Rehabber · Burlington, VT · Member since 2018 · 28 posts · 14 votes
    7y

    Hello Investors!

    I just launched a regular monthly networking event in the chittenden county area. We've had a steady 6-9 investors attend in our first two meetings. I'd love to widen our prospects a bit and this thread seems to be the place to do it :)

    Our next meeting is scheduled for July 17th 6:30-8:00pm, details will go out in a reminder email so everyone will easily have access to the date, time, and location! Message me on here with your email if you'd be interested in attending any of our events and I'll add you to the email I'm setting up. 

    We can build success better when we work together; as I'm prepping to purchase my first multi family this year I'd love to connect with more investors in state! 

    Looking forward to hearing from some of you, and meeting you in the future! Cheers!

    Renae Bouchard

  • Swanton, VT · Member since 2019 · 17 posts · 5 votes
    7y

    I’m hoping to attend the next meet up. Can you add me to your mailing list? 

    I’m looking to invest more in the Franklin county area, but still would love to sit and talk with everyone. 

    Currently trying to figure out my first deal (ideally a rental unit/s). 

    Look forward to meeting everyone. 

    Cheers

  • Waterbury, VT · Member since 2014 · 8 posts · 1 vote
    7y

    Hi All,

    I've been in and out of the forums for years but would also love to meet up with people and actually start strategizing how to get going. Got massively burned on a property that I just managed to fire sale my way out of last year, so still a bit tentative.

    I'm over in Washington County but happy to meet up in Chittenton. So if there is an email list or a FB group going please add me!

    Thanks

    Chris

  • Swanton, VT · Member since 2019 · 17 posts · 5 votes
    7y

    i hear the meetup was moved to today? Is this true? I never received an email on either an update or the actual event.

  • Burlington, VT · Member since 2019 · 10 posts · 4 votes
    7y

    @Billy Thurston The event was yesterday, great networking and lots of local knowledge and experience. Fantastic for seasoned investors or newbies like myself.

    I see you asked to be added to the mailing list in your first post but did you message @Renae Bouchard? If not that is probably why as per her instruction to be added to the mailing list in the post above your first one. Send her a message to hop on the mailing list and hope to see you at the next one!

    @Christopher Triolo didn't see you there either so if you didn't message Renae yet be sure to so you receive the e-mail for the next one.

  • Waterbury, VT · Member since 2014 · 8 posts · 1 vote
    7y

    Thanks @Hunter A. Fenn! I did email her last night actually. Bummer, I thought the meeting was tonight. Oh well, next time! I appreciate the note. 

    Chris

  • Flipper/Rehabber · Burlington, VT · Member since 2018 · 28 posts · 14 votes
    7y

    Thanks for the clarification Hunter! Sorry we weren't able to communicate to everyone for this one, but it is my priority to make this a monthly event so there will be MUCH opportunity to attend in the future! I'm trying to constantly host on the second monday of each month 6-8pm. This last meet up, we were able to gather at one of our investors owner-occupied properties and it was truly ideal compared to trying to communicate over the noise of a bar! Hope to see you all at the next one, planning for August 12th!

  • Investor · Chittenden County, VT · Member since 2019 · 9 posts · 2 votes
    7y

    Hello, Are there any more meetings being lined up? I'd like to connect with other investors and get to know the community.

  • Rental Property Investor · Vilinus, Lithuania · Member since 2018 · 2 posts · 0 votes
    7y

    Hey Everyone! Just finished reading all the posts in this discussion and it seems like this group is finally coming together after 5 years (lol)! That’s awesome to see.

    My wife and I will be moving to Vermont end of Sept and I’d love to connect with this group when we are there. Will there be any meeting scheduled end of September or in October?

    Looking forward to hearing from you!

    Thanks,

    Matt

  • New to Real Estate · Burlington, VT · Member since 2019 · 20 posts · 3 votes
    7y

    Hello everyone,

    I am reaching out in hopes of finding a friendly realtor who would be able to assist in putting together a short sale package for a Burlington seller.

  • Dan BeaulieuPro Member
    Lender · Knoxville, Tennessee (TN) · Member since 2016 · 422 posts · 667 votes
    7y

    @Matt Volin

    Please DM me. I run Burlington House Buyers and have some great deals coming down the pipe. What sort of investing do you do?

    All: let’s schedule a meetup for end of September!

  • Member since 2019 · 1 post · 0 votes
    7y

    Hey! I'm local and have some properties.  Would love to connect with some like minded individuals.  Feel free to DM me, or I'll try to make the second Monday meetup (what are the details?)

  • Dan BeaulieuPro Member
    Lender · Knoxville, Tennessee (TN) · Member since 2016 · 422 posts · 667 votes
    7y

    Hey All! I just posted about a happy hour meetup at foam brewers this Thursday at 5 pm. I’d love to meet everybody! 

  • Virginia Beach, VA · Member since 2016 · 18 posts · 23 votes
    6y

    Hey Guys,

    I am not from Vermont but I am buying a property there and had A question for you.  Do you know if buying a house Sub 2 is legal in Vermont and Do you know an Investor friendly lawyer that you can recommend?  Thanks in advance.

  • Real Estate Agent · Logan, UT · Member since 2017 · 24 posts · 5 votes
    6y

    @Scott Jelinek Beth Demas

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.