I want to buy YOU coffee!

6 Replies

Yes, it's true fellow real estate investors! I have some money burning a hole in my pocket and I want to use it to grab a coffee with you! (or a beer if that's your thing)

My name is Caleb Bryant and I am a real estate investor from Spring Hill, Tennessee. I have committed to investing in the Huntsville, Alabama market. I am looking to meet with investors in the Huntsville, Decatur, Athens and surrounding area markets. You might be wondering why I want to buy you a coffee. Well, the answer is simple: I believe in giving value. I want to get coffee with you so I can learn more about what you are doing to invest in Huntsville real estate. I want to learn your goals and your action plan for achieving them. I want to understand the WHY behind your goals. My hope is that I can find a way to help you achieve your goals or provide some sort of value in your investing career. If worse comes to worse, free coffee! :) Feel free to discuss what you are doing on this post as well. Wholesaling? Multifamily or apartments? Rehabs or flips? Long term single family rentals? I look forward to meeting you!

Caleb

Be Relentless

I think this is a bad strategy. Figure out what exactly what you want to do and find that person buy find out what they need and adding value to them.

The only people who will waste an hour for five dollars is either Santa clause or not managing their time very well.

Hey @Caleb Bryant

I like that you offered to somehow try to bring value to any seasoned investor, potentially willing to spend time with you first, and not focusing on your needs as the primary goal. Obviously coffee isn't where the value is, but it's the intent behind that. Your willingness to bring something to the table by being of service. 

I'm by no means a 20 year veteran in RE, but I do have some experience and have had people reach out to me using various approaches, falling into 1 of 2 categories. Those that wanted to see what they can get out of the interaction, and only 1 that wanted to see how they can bring value, with hopes that they can learn something along the way. 

Needless to say, I don't spend time with ppl less experienced than me, wanting to mainly see what they can get out of the interaction. 

I think when a seasoned investor sees your hunger, drive, determination that they had when they were first getting started, they see a little bit of themselves and will be willing to help. But in the end, you'll be the one gaining far more knowledge than you can pass on to them. They just do it because it fulfills them at a different level. 

@Lane Kawaoka has a good point though. Only seek out people who are doing what you want to do. 

Keep grinding it out; you'll find the people you need. 

Hi Caleb, I am a investor out of Athens.  Meeting up for coffee sounds great if we can narrow down day/time that works for both of us.  What type of investing are you doing and what made you choose Athens?

Best,
Travis 

Hey Travis, thanks for reaching out!
I will send you a colleague request when I’m around a computer, either my app doesn’t work or I can’t figure it out haha.
I see a lot of potential in the Hunts/Athens/Decatur markets. The entry price point is also a factor. I’m up near Nashville and our price per door is skyrocketing. A lot of new jobs are headed to the area, population growth/trends in Alabama also seem to point to a great future in this MSA. Currently planning to be down in the area next week, I will shoot you a message to see if we can connect!

Originally posted by @Caleb Bryant :

Hey Travis, thanks for reaching out!
I will send you a colleague request when I’m around a computer, either my app doesn’t work or I can’t figure it out haha.
I see a lot of potential in the Hunts/Athens/Decatur markets. The entry price point is also a factor. I’m up near Nashville and our price per door is skyrocketing. A lot of new jobs are headed to the area, population growth/trends in Alabama also seem to point to a great future in this MSA. Currently planning to be down in the area next week, I will shoot you a message to see if we can connect!

Awesome man, talk soon

Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate

Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing

Start here