Votes |
Analysis paralysis.....sort of?

David Vander Pol
Pro Member
  • Union City, CA
Posted May 3 2019, 10:05

This is a two-part question. 

So....

I've spent some time analyzing as many deals as I can the past few months. Probably 50+ or so. Not a huge amount, but not a little amount either. Pretty much all of them are sourced from the MLS. 

Here's my problem, out of all of the listings, I've made zero offers because the numbers don't work. So I know I need to make tons of more offers on places, but I'm not going to do that JUST to make more offers. That seems nonsensical-it seems to make sense to only make offers where the numbers work. Right? Yet, here I am heading in a direction that seems to have analysis paralysis written all over it. I see/here people jumping in and after six months they've already loaded up on a few properties. So what am I missing?

The other part to this–the rehab costs on practically every analysis I do tend to land in the same area cost-wise. Typically in the 25k-30k range. Since pretty much every analysis I do seems to not work out numbers-wise, I'm beginning to wonder if my numbers are way off for some reason? I take my figures directly from The Book on Estimating Rehab Costs and judge as best I can from the pics/vid provided by my agent.

Again, what am I missing that is preventing me from being the person that gets a few properties under their belt in six months?

Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

-Dave

Loading replies...