Tony Huang
  • San Jose, CA
Votes |
Property management company recommendation needed

Tony Huang
  • San Jose, CA
Posted Oct 3 2018, 12:49

Hello,

I'm looking for a property management company for two of my rentals in Morrow, GA. Does anyone have any recommendation? I'm a long distance investor so good PM is crucial for me. Some of the quality that I'm looking for:

1. Prompt at responding, both to me or tenants

2. Won't nickel and dime me in terms of property visits and scouts, repairs, project management etc.

3. Have reliable and reasonable priced GC or vendors resource for repairs, maintenance, etc.

4. Long distance investor friendly. Cares about what investor needs most. I'm fairly new in this game so need someone who could provide valuable advice, from investor's perspectives.

5. Last but not least, honest, open minded and straightforward.

My current PM is doing ok mostly but recently the point of contact that I have from that company is very unresponsive (calls and emails), even in the middle of one major repair of one of the rental. It's very frustrating every time I pick up my phone only to hear voice mail box or sent an email w/o any responses in weeks.... He was also not familiar with the physical condition of the property itself which makes me not confident at all to take advice from him regarding whether certain repairs or actions need to happen to the property. It's almost like he know just as much as I know, from the report and pictures GC sent to him, not from his own eyes. (And yes, they charge for every property visits...) They seems not taking very good care of my properties which starting to make me think it's one of the contributors of my high spending on repairs of those two properties. They only charge 6% monthly management fee, which as far as I understand is on the low side. However, I won't mind pay another 2% if I could rest assured someone good is taking good care of my properties and tenants and I could enjoy stable cash flows at home.

Thanks in advance for the recommendations! 

Also feel free to comment on what other things I could do to lower my repairs. I've owned them for more than a year and aside from appreciation, I'm having negative gain because there were like 5 repairs already and one of them cost me ~6k...

Best,

Tony

Loading replies...