Skip to content
Indianapolis Real Estate Forum

User Stats

Votes
Lynne MacFarlane
  • Realtor
  • Los Altos, CA
Votes |
Path of Progress in the Midwest - Your Thoughts?

Lynne MacFarlane
  • Realtor
  • Los Altos, CA
Posted Jul 10 2018, 14:03

Hi BP folks:

So, the definition of  the term "path of progress" is the direction in which an emerging market’s growth is occurring - because progress/growth is occurring in these areas, demand increases, rents rise and your property appreciates organically. I look to invest where there is infrastructure to support new job growth/opportunities (possibly private tech corps will grow in Indy) Next Big Challenge for Small Downtowns (7/2017) I don't see a lot of good transportation solutions (muni/light rail) & the roads are horrible, but I was happy to see bicycles and shared bikes (Pacers)/e-scooters(BIRD) in  downtown & Lyft/Uber and electric cars to get around but I am hoping Indy will attract more private tech businesses.

I am wondering your thoughts about Indy's new criminal justice center and the growing trend of prisons system as a lucrative business; Is this considered a "path to progress" for local property investors or is the new CJC not welcome? I think nobody would want a correctional facility in their backyard. But as as Grant Cardone has suggested in a podcast, we might want to consider buying property in locations that are open 24/7, such as hospitals, universities, etc. Is this new criminal center the newest biggest building project that's meant to stimulate Indiana's economy? I'm just curious what the thinking is... Thanks 

Loading replies...