Looking for BP members to be on a webseries

21 Replies

Hey friends, my name is Alex and I have been around BP for about 7 years. I'm an investor, I have been on the real estate podcast, I write for the BP blog, I'm the photographer for the BPcon event, and I absolutely love this community. This year I started a web series to showcase other BP members and tell their stories because I love sharing success stories about people and real estate. The series is called "Meet the Members" and it's been very well received, enough that BP is moving forward with a second season. Filming starts in a few weeks in Washington DC and the surrounding areas, I'm actively looking for people who would want to participate. 

Who fits best:

• Someone with a Biggerpockets history who is enthusiastic to share their experience with the community. 
  • An investor with a real estate project that we can show off and tell a great story about. Ideally we will shoot the interior and exterior of the property
  • Live in the Washington DC area or within ~50 miles

If you haven't seen this series, here are some of the episodes:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DAcPM2MstW8&t=29s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pYvFo8UbBUk&t=9s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rQr1tPf06GY&t=2s

If at all interested, reach out and let me know. Thanks much! 

Hi Alex, I am in. I am in Springfield, Virginia, about 20 minutes away from DC. I think my story is pretty different than most. I arrived to the US, 6 years ago and went from Au pair to teacher in the US, from teacher to realtor/investor. I own two properties so far but hoping to do great things in the future. I am in the middle of a project and I hope it can be of interest.

Sending you a private message! 

Hey @Alexander Felice ,

I live in Towson, MD and am curious how I could be a part of this. I have a househack in Towson and would be able to educate others about the criteria for picking a great location, great house set up (rooms, bathrooms, extra entrances, etc), screening great tenants, and other criteria such as parking, neighborhood involvement, etc. 

Nice job, man. And you do have great hair, as much as it galls me to say so :D

You should come to Houston! I've been seriously investing for 5 years and recently quit my job. I BRRRR'd my way to about $40k a month in rental income. I currently have three rehab projects going on and I'm getting ready to start a 14 house new construction project.

That's super cool! I love that your doing that! There are so many success stories out there and its really motivating to hear them. I'm just starting out and I hold on to the positive and negative stories because they remind me of my goals. Knowing that failure is part of the road to success helps me push through and focus on the goals.

I think of this journey as a marathon. You focus on running the next mile, and then the next and the next, after 26.2 miles you cross the finish line and then you sign up to the next marathon :) 

Alex, this is exciting and I would love to showcase a project currently underway. I am working on a Flip "gone wrong" with a partner which is finally coming together and will hit the market in a few weeks. If you're looking for a lessons learned, exit strategy and overcoming adversity story, this is a great one. This specific property is located in Parkville, MD and is right within the cusp of the 50 mile request. :) We would absolutely love to educate the community on what happened to us with this specific project, and how we got to where we are today, about to refinance the deal over a YEAR later. Looking forward to the local series and possibly an amazing opportunity to be a contribution to it.
Originally posted by @JD Martin :

appreciate you JD <3 
have you seen some of the YouTube comments shaming me for my hair??? It's so hurtful! 

Originally posted by @Chanie Chriqui :

That's super cool! I love that your doing that! There are so many success stories out there and its really motivating to hear them. I'm just starting out and I hold on to the positive and negative stories because they remind me of my goals. Knowing that failure is part of the road to success helps me push through and focus on the goals.

I think of this journey as a marathon. You focus on running the next mile, and then the next and the next, after 26.2 miles you cross the finish line and then you sign up to the next marathon :) 

Real estate is a marathon for sure. I tried to make this series about PEOPLE because like you alluded to, transactions will come and go, but relate-ability to other people is universal. 

Originally posted by @JD Martin :

UGH, do NOT encourage him, JD. 

Hi Alex -- we're interested. We're in Loudoun County, VA. Been Bigger Pockets Members for the past 3 years. We're a husband/wife team with 5 kids ages 2-10. Last year was our first really active year investing and we bought 4 duplexes. So far this year, we've bought 1 more duplex and 2 SFH to flip. Should close on selling our first flip next week! We'd be happy to participate. We love the BP Community and learned nearly everything we know through BP.

Originally posted by @Mindy Jensen :
Originally posted by @JD Martin:

UGH, do NOT encourage him, JD. 

@Mindy Jensen whattt so are you like Tom from MySpace but for BiggerPockets?

You were my first BP friend : )

Originally posted by @Sam Lewis :

Nice job, man. And you do have great hair, as much as it galls me to say so :DUGH, do NOT encourage him, JD. 

@Mindy Jensen whattt so are you like Tom from MySpace but for BiggerPockets?

You were my first BP friend : )

I am the MySpace Tom of BiggerPockets, starting in February of 2015... 

@Alexander Felice ,

I would love to help you out! My husband and I have had rental properties for 9 years now throughout Maryland. Being State Troopers, we traveled all around Maryland and moved several times. We fell in love with real estate and the generational wealth it can provide. After our second baby we decided that our rental portfolio has allowed me to leave the State Police to spend more quality time with my family. BP has been a great resource to help implement structure and procedures into my portfolio. I am an avid podcast listener and love the education that is provided. I now am a Realtor, assisting investors in finding quality rentals which meet their goals. I love the passion and enthusiasm of BP and love to inspire others. Feel free to reach out!

@Alexander Felice Awesome job with those you tube videos. Very well done. You gotta put RJ on an episode - especially for those investors who dable in GC side of things

I don't invest in the DC area but if you are looking for a unique investment stories in the West or Southwest down the road-you know how to find me. 

You guys might like the story of a literal "Air" BnB where private pilots land and park their planes and stay at my cabin and use the place as staging ground for low level recreational flights across national parks. More info on the website below

http://flightdeckcabin.com/

https://www.facebook.com/FlightDeckCabin/

It'll be a logistical hassle but heck wouldn't a bush plane ride through Zion Canyon or the Cedar Break be pretty enticing??? 

If you want to take a trip out to Surf City, NC, my wife and I just purchased a good house hack beach property. We are living in the main house and renting out the detached guest suite on Airbnb/VRBO. Love the youtube series man! 

Love to! Actually I was one of the first contributors to BP's first "book" called Real Estate Rewind. I then went on to write a book called Real Estate Rebel - www.re-rebel.com - I'm 54, started 11 years ago. A buy and hold multi family investor. Accumulated 53 units, lived of income from landscaping business putting all RE earnings back in, forced appreciation, started selling off first acquired properties making a 7 year CAGR of 32% yoy, going from 53 units to 29 while keeping cash flow the same due to retiring extra mortgages with each sale (i.e. use profit from sale of building 1 & 2 to pay off mortgages on retained properties 3 & 4). Probably sitting tight and holding the 29 forever.