Buying in Detroit suburbs

11 Replies

I'm looking to buy homes in the suburbs of Detroit and then rent them out.  I know that some Detroit suburbs are not very safe.  Are there better areas or certain zip codes I should focus on? I also need a very good property manager if anyone has any suggestions.  Thank you

I forgot to mention I'm looking at lower end homes. $40K-60K

This post has been removed.

Hi @Nadia Marouf

When investing in the Metro Detroit area there are some great opportunities, but your going to want to look closer than certain zip codes as it can change block to block - house to house. Unless you really learn the areas, you will want to find someone who you can trust and has intimate knowledge of the area.

This post has been removed.

Call Jeanette at RPM Detroit for management.  She does a great job for me.  I sure she can advise on better parts of town to buy.

I have a great PM that I've been using since 2011. Shoot me a private message and I'll send you her info if still interested. 

If you give a little more info on your investment goals and what you're looking for I may be able to offer some advice on what areas may best suit your investing style.

1). What % cash-on-cash return are expecting?

2). What type of neighborhoods are you willing to own in? 

3). Do you care if the neighborhood has a lot of other rental homes nearby?

4). How long are you looking to hold these properties?

Hello,

I recently purchased 4 homes in Detroit.  I need a very good property management company to manage my properties and take care of my tenants.  Please let me know if are currently using a property manager in Detroit and are happy or know of any.  Thank you

Lee Todd of Todd Enterprises LLC

Originally posted by @Nadia Marouf :

Hello,

I recently purchased 4 homes in Detroit.  I need a very good property management company to manage my properties and take care of my tenants.  Please let me know if are currently using a property manager in Detroit and are happy or know of any.  Thank you

Drop me a line. I would be happy to help you out.

Join the Largest Real Estate Investing Community

Basic membership is free, forever.