Agent Referral in San Antonio to list SFH

Agent Referral in San Antonio to list SFH

Santa Monica, CA · Member since 2018 · 4 posts · 1 vote

My father has a SFH he would like to sell in the UTSA area inside 1604 loop. Zip code is 78249. It sits on a corner lot off UTSA Blvd. 3br/2.5ba 1,700 sq ft. on 5,000' lot. Purchased from developer in 2006, he used a prop manager and its been rented since, will be vacant at end of month. Recent upgrades include HVAC, and garage door replacement.

Looking for agent referral who can bring offers. He is currently talking with an agent in the same office as the property manager who quoted him a list price that appears lower than comps in the neighborhood that sold within last year. Has not signed anything yet. He wants to replace carpet and paint walls. Is this the best way to use funds to appeal to more buyers, or leave it as is and offer credit. Thanks!

1Reply
13 views

Most Popular Reply

Jordan MoorheadBusiness Member
Real Estate Agent · Austin, TX · Member since 2015 · 5k+ posts · 3k+ votes
8y
I always recommend replacing with neutral colors rather than giving a credit. Most buyers have trouble seeing what could be and only see what is currently there. Something as small as bad lighting can turn buyers away.
See this reply in the discussion

5 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Jordan MoorheadBusiness Member
    Real Estate Agent · Austin, TX · Member since 2015 · 5k+ posts · 3k+ votes
    8y
    I always recommend replacing with neutral colors rather than giving a credit. Most buyers have trouble seeing what could be and only see what is currently there. Something as small as bad lighting can turn buyers away.
  • Investor · College Station, TX · Member since 2016 · 150 posts · 37 votes
    8y

    @Account Closed I'd definitely replace the carpet and paint the walls if it's showing any signs of wear. In our market, it's important that the house is clean and presentable to appeal to the highest number of potential buyers. It's also essential that the presentation is top notch in order to actually get buyers through the door.

    I have a simple process I use to move vacant homes in our market. Pass along my contact info and tell him to call me if he's still looking for an agent who can bring him offers. If that is what he's looking for, I'm his guy and I'd be happy to show him exactly what I'm doing to get every vacant home I list sold for top dollar.

  • Sharon PowellPro Member
    Realtor · La Vernia, TX · Member since 2014 · 153 posts · 124 votes
    8y

    @Account Closed if you'd like another set of eyes and possibly a couple of exit strategy options, I'd be happy to help your dad.  I sent you a message. 

  • Lender · San Antonio, TX · Member since 2016 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    8y

    @Account Closed are your best bets to get your property moved

  • Real Estate Agent · San Antonio, TX · Member since 2014 · 311 posts · 176 votes
    8y

    Thanks @Jason Hirko!  Love to help if he still needs it!

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.