Best book for negotiations

9 Replies

I was wondering what the best book for negotiating is in BPs opinion. We are trying to do what is best for the potential seller but we are also trying to get the lowest sales price as possible which can make it tough to negotiate on some properties. What are your thoughts on this? Thank you for the input
Originally posted by @Michael White :
I was wondering what the best book for negotiating is in BPs opinion.

We are trying to do what is best for the potential seller but we are also trying to get the lowest sales price as possible which can make it tough to negotiate on some properties. What are your thoughts on this?

Thank you for the input

The one I like is "You can negotiate anything" I think the author is Herb Cohen. It changed my way of thinking. And it worked.

Trump Style Negotiation

By: George H Ross

I really liked Never Split the Difference by Chris Voss.   Though not real estate specific it does cross over and is the best negotiation book I have read to date.  

301-466-7432

Disclosure: I'm the author

"The Real Estate Negotiating Bible" is one of the best in the business. I wrote it specifically for this purpose....

Negotiation Genius: How to Overcome Obstacles and Achieve Brilliant Results at the Bargaining Table and Beyond

Book by Deepak Malhotra and Max H. Bazerman

I am half way through and it is very insightful. I've been able to determine when others are using certain tactics against me! Truly helpful. 

I whole heartedly agree with Andrew Michael and Nathan G., in that order. However, read Carnegie first and then Voss. How to win friends is good corner-stone, foundational reading on negotiating. Never split the difference brings the principles up to date and adds very good strategy and tactics. What I learned from both books helped me save my marriage.

I'll also go with Never split the difference by Chris Voss. I like how he uses his stories and turns them into good, actionable advice.

Join the Largest Real Estate Investing Community

Basic membership is free, forever.