• Boca Raton, FL
Votes |
Awesome online resources I have been using for researching properties

Jon Huber
Pro Member
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Boca Raton, FL
Posted Sep 24 2014, 12:27

I want to begin by saying that I have no affiliation with any of these sites/apps. Full disclosure.. I am just relaying some sources that I use so that it may help someone else. Also, these are online references. Obviously, talking to realtors and neighbors is the best approach. This is for the people who research at 2am because they can't shut their brains off (like me).

Researching Rentals online:

- #1 - CraigsList

- #2 - Rentometer

- #3 - Zillows

- #4 - Homes.com/Rentals (here you can search by property type, ie multi, single, etc) but limited to only places looking for tenancy, like CraigsList

- #5 - MapLiv

Neighborhood Research:

- City-Data.com (Great for abundance of data)

- AreaVibes.com (breaks out data in 7 easy categories: Amenities, Cost of Living, Crime, Education, Employment, Housing, Weather) You can customize searches on how important each category is. I highly suggest it.

RE Apps in my iPhone (All are FREE. I've never paid for an app):

- Bigger Pockets (of course)

- Zillow

- Redfin

- Realtor.com

- MeetUp

- LoopNet

- HomeSnap (good for when you don't know the address. You take a pic an it gives you the property info).

This is a list that I have come up with, and I think it could be advantageous to begin a thread so that other people can add to the list. 

What other sites and apps are others using? (please no pitching of personal affiliated sites)

Loading replies...