• Chicago, IL
Votes |
Kansas City property management

Ian Fisher
  • Investor
  • Chicago, IL
Posted Nov 28 2014, 03:57

Hi all

I'm a remote investor and have built a small buy-and-hold portfolio of SFRs in Kansas City (Missouri, not inner city, but generally C type neighborhoods: $700-1000 monthly rent) and am in process of leveraging and expanding (currently 7 units, can see this becoming 50-100+ in the next 12-24 months). One area where I think there will be room for improvement in my model moving forward and especially as I grow is going to be property management. The firm I currently use is professional and fairly thorough, but I have really struggled to get them to see eye to eye with me that this is really an asset management / investment management job - and with a leveraged model it is clear that small differences in the NOI:gross rent ratio will make a big difference to the cash on cash / overall profitability of my operation. In other words, the key success factor for me is that my PM maximizes my NOI, NOT my gross rents or anything else. So my questions are:

- are there any investors reading this who use professional property managers in Kansas City (generally suburbs, all in MO not KS), are building significant portfolios, and are pleased with the results? I'd love to talk to you if so, both to learn how you are managing the manager and also who you're using

- are there any property managers in Kansas City reading this who read my comments above and think, "YES, this is exactly my attitude and I'd love to team up with you as you grow"?

Many thanks!

Ian

Loading replies...