Under contract for a rental in Cumming, GA

10 Replies

Hi BP Community,

I am currently under contract for a townhome north of Cumming, GA in the 30041 ZIP code for about $205k.  It's located near great schools (Chestate Elementary, North Forsyth Middle and High School), last 4 rentals were leased within a month of listing especially with Covid-19 impacts, low vacancy approximately 4%, and is located in a rather afluent and safe neighborhood.  However, it's quite rural and almost 50 miles away from Atlanta city center.  I'm also a distant investor and have not had a chance to view the surrounding area, but from what I can tell, there's not much around apart from houses and North GA Premium Outlets.

Are there any investors who can give me some insights into north Cumming rental market?

I bought a brand new construction SFR Class A Property - rental in 30028 zip 2 years ago for 315k, it rented in a week and has a little positive cash flow of 400/month after PITI - so you will be fine in Forsyth County as there are jobs around that area and I bought the property unseen - builder built it within 6 months of we booking the land and property - everything happened on time.

My family lives in Cumming and I grew up there. 

Rentals are extremely hot, and areas around the mall are growing rapidly. 

Price is right and you'll be fine.

Originally posted by @Marc Brenner :

Hey @Shyam Panchal , what does your Realtor say? They should definitely be providing you with that info!

Well the realtor will always tell you it's a great neighborhood and it's certainly looking that way, but it's always good to do your own due diligence.  

Hey Varun, very convenient to the Dawsonville Outlet Malls, not a bad area. Have you decided on a Property Management company? Previously I was an agent with REDFIN and was a property manager prior to that. I now work with AllCounty Expert Property Management in Cumming. Great company with simple and easy to understand fees. We have around 200 homes currently as well as some commercial property. Please let me know if you have some time to discuss our services, thank you.