Lima One Rental30

Lima One Rental30

montgomery, AL · Member since 2014 · 99 posts · 18 votes

Has anyone closed on the Rental30 program, I have been in contact with the company since May 1st and sent all my documents to the on the 20th of May. The program states that it takes 2 weeks to close, but I have to call them for information. Just want to know if anyone has closed yet.

Thanks 

Jay

0Reply
76 views

Most Popular Reply

Rehabber · Smyrna, GA · Member since 2013 · 864 posts · 510 votes
11y

Lima One is a lender out of Atlanta, they're the real deal.  They just released the rental30 program May 1st and got bombarded with apps.  They hired several people to handle the increased demand anticipated from the rollout and it just wasn't enough.  

They aren't letting brokers sell it yet because they cant handle the volume right now.  If you're taking more than two weeks its just because of the new program being so popular and overloading their capacity, plus I'm sure with it being so new they are working out the kinks in the underwriting and such.  I can 100% vouch for them being a valid lender, though.  They are my main competitor here in Atlanta.

They are good people, I know a lot of those guys.  I'm surprised they aren't keeping you in the loop, they are usually extremely good to work with.   I've got better rates through other lenders on Hard Money, so dont send anything through them, but wouldn't hesitate to use them if the deal fit.

See this reply in the discussion

27 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • montgomery, AL · Member since 2014 · 99 posts · 18 votes
    11y

    ?

  • montgomery, AL · Member since 2014 · 99 posts · 18 votes
    11y

    ?

  • Rental Property Investor · Mercer Island, WA · Member since 2008 · 22k+ posts · 14k+ votes
    11y

    Lima One?  What's that mean?  Is Rental30 a lender?  Did you pay upfront fees?

  • Rehabber · Smyrna, GA · Member since 2013 · 864 posts · 510 votes
    11y

    Lima One is a lender out of Atlanta, they're the real deal.  They just released the rental30 program May 1st and got bombarded with apps.  They hired several people to handle the increased demand anticipated from the rollout and it just wasn't enough.  

    They aren't letting brokers sell it yet because they cant handle the volume right now.  If you're taking more than two weeks its just because of the new program being so popular and overloading their capacity, plus I'm sure with it being so new they are working out the kinks in the underwriting and such.  I can 100% vouch for them being a valid lender, though.  They are my main competitor here in Atlanta.

    They are good people, I know a lot of those guys.  I'm surprised they aren't keeping you in the loop, they are usually extremely good to work with.   I've got better rates through other lenders on Hard Money, so dont send anything through them, but wouldn't hesitate to use them if the deal fit.

  • Real Estate Agent · Milwaukee County, WI · Member since 2009 · 3k+ posts · 525 votes
    11y

    @Darrell Shepherd thank you regarding Lima One program

    Additional thread regarding Lima One buy hold conversation

  • Real Estate Agent · Madison, WI · Member since 2015 · 328 posts · 88 votes
    11y

    Lima one was good for foreign buyers right?

  • montgomery, AL · Member since 2014 · 99 posts · 18 votes
    11y
    Originally posted by @Jon Holdman:

    Lima One?  What's that mean?  Is Rental30 a lender?  Did you pay upfront fees?

     I think all of your questions were answered on my post. If not, Lima one is a  Hard Money lender. Started a new investor program for long term rental, 30 year loan at 6%. Go to the website and find all the information you need. Didn't pay any upfront fees.

    Jay

  • Kevin PolitePro Member
    Investor · Decatur Atlanta, GA · Member since 2011 · 610 posts · 232 votes
    11y

    I just closed on a loan this past Friday with them at 6.45% fees were reasonable considering. The catch is that there is a pre-payment penalty which starts at 5% and decreases by 1% per year, but if you're planning to hold for a while no problem or in year 2-4 you need to sell you still not that bad off. It took about a month to close. 

  • montgomery, AL · Member since 2014 · 99 posts · 18 votes
    11y

    N/A

  • Real Estate Agent · Milwaukee County, WI · Member since 2009 · 3k+ posts · 525 votes
    11y

    @Kevin Polite

    What all documents did you need for Lima One loan ?

    ( W2, taxes, insurance, and etc )

    Any reason for the month delay for your loan ?

    Congrats

  • montgomery, AL · Member since 2014 · 99 posts · 18 votes
    11y

    All of the above, bank statements. ID and last year taxes. 45K is the starting point for a loan. Refi or purchase. 

    Jay

  • Kevin PolitePro Member
    Investor · Decatur Atlanta, GA · Member since 2011 · 610 posts · 232 votes
    11y

    @Ramon Jenkins

    Ask for Cortney Newmans. I had met him last year at REIA rehab job site. When I saw this program I emailed him to let me know when to start. There was such as rush that things kinda got backed up. otherwise it probably wouldn't taken maybe 2 weeks. Considering 3 years ago I did a Wells Fargo loan on an investment property and it took nearly 3 1/2 months to close I'm not complaining.

  • Real Estate Agent · Milwaukee County, WI · Member since 2009 · 3k+ posts · 525 votes
    11y

    Thanks you @Kevin Polite

  • Kevin PolitePro Member
    Investor · Decatur Atlanta, GA · Member since 2011 · 610 posts · 232 votes
    10y

    Update on Lima One. They require 3-4 months of mortgage in escow and they are required to pay. They have been late every month, but BSI Financial, the loan servicer, hasn't charged any late fees. 

    Just received a letter from DeKalb County that they haven't paid the property tax on one of my properties. 

    They say they are still working out the kinks, but just so you're aware.

  • Investor · Norcross, GA · Member since 2013 · 20 posts · 1 vote
    10y

    @Kevin Polite Thanks for the rental30 info!

    How many months of reserve Lima require for each rental property already owned?

    Thanks!

    Sam

  • Kevin PolitePro Member
    Investor · Decatur Atlanta, GA · Member since 2011 · 610 posts · 232 votes
    10y

    @Sam Zdrum I think it was 2 maybe 3 months per unit. BTW, everything was cleared up and nothing every showed up as a late payment. They are good to work with and if you use them and refer someone they have a nice referral program for you.  Did another and it closed within a month. 

  • Investor · Norcross, GA · Member since 2013 · 20 posts · 1 vote
    10y

    @Kevin Polite Thanks Man! Wishing you a prosperous New Year in your investment! I will mention you when I get it started.

    Sam

  • Investor · Portland, OR · Member since 2012 · 40 posts · 3 votes
    10y

    I called Lima One up a couple of weeks back, and spoke with one of their reps - the Rental 30 sounded like a great program. They however just changed that program and now require 25% down for the rental program. 

  • Greenville, SC · Member since 2016 · 2 posts · 0 votes
    10y

    Hi @Josh Bryant,

    Wanted to provide some additional clarification on your post.

    You are correct, we have recently altered our program. For purchases, we now measure our Loan to Value (75% Max) against the lower of the purchase price or appraised value.

    For refinances, no down payment is still an option for investors. 

    If you have any additional questions please let me know! 

  • Investor · Portland, OR · Member since 2012 · 40 posts · 3 votes
    10y

    @Chris Wilhoit, so essentially 25% down needed...correct? 

    As for the refinances - 12 months seasoning is what I was told?

  • Greenville, SC · Member since 2016 · 2 posts · 0 votes
    10y

    Correct, we will base LTV against the lower of the purchase price or appraised value, if within the 12-month seasoning period for refinances. If material improvements have been made to the property, we can waive that seasoning requirement.

  • Greer, SC · Member since 2016 · 1 post · 0 votes
    10y

    We are real disappointed with the services we received recently from Lima One here in Greenville, South Carolina. As new invetors we were not told up front that the Fix Loan would be based on 65% LTV as per the EOC that was presented to us. However a lot was riding on the analyst working closely with us and as the sales contract was submitted and the repair costs submitted, nothing was said about how much cash we would need to bring at closing. Our realtor, my husband and I were in constant contact with this analyst but two days before the our closing with the seller we were told that they could not lend us the money based on the 65% LTV. The service is real poor, the follow through real poor and there was no advising on the part of the analyst we worked with so that we could figure out how to make the deal work. The analysts and underwriters are swamped it appears or it could have just been oversight.

  • Lender · Greenville, SC · Member since 2012 · 25 posts · 5 votes
    10y

    @Dipti B. 

    I am very sorry to hear about your experience. We will be in contact with you directly to address your concerns and the specifics of your file.

    We pride ourselves on maintaining a high level of customer service and are always looking to improve our processes. We work closely with our borrowers to get their investment properties financed in a timely manner. 

    We greatly value the feedback from the BiggerPockets community.

    If anyone has any questions about Lima One Capital please reach out to me!

  • montgomery, AL · Member since 2014 · 99 posts · 18 votes
    10y

    That was almost 6 months ago.

  • montgomery, AL · Member since 2014 · 99 posts · 18 votes
    10y

    I just seen my original post, 9 months ago.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.