Top 5 Benefits of Buying New Construction Homes!
So you are in the market to buy a home…do you choose New Construction or Resale? There are many benefits to buying a New Construction home such as an extended home warranty if anything goes wrong, the fact that no one has lived there before you, or how about being able to choose paint, appliances or fixtures in some cases! There are so many things that are just awesome about buying new but here are my Top 5.
1. Lower Taxes- You may not know that New Construction homes usually have lower taxes for the first year to two years after you purchased the home. This is a result of the fact that the year prior to you purchasing your home it was just a dirt lot and home taxes are based on the value of your home during the year prior to your purchase.
2. Low Maintenance- When you purchase a New Construction home everything in it is new; the furnace, the stove, etc. So the chances of having any of your new appliances breakdown are very small and if they do you have a home warranty that will more than likely cover any repairs you may need-inside & out!
3. Customize Your Home to Fit You- When purchasing a New Construction home it is possible to choose certain things that reflect you and your lifestyle and really make the home your own. You can choose paint colors, counter tops, cabinetry, fixtures, flooring, etc. Depending on your taste and the level of customization this can make the price of the home go up but you are able to work with the Realtor and Builder to come to an agreement on what you would like to see in your home and what fits your budget. It is very easy and flexible and allows the home to reflect you and your family!
4. Safety- If you purchase a resale home consider that older homes have often been constructed using hazardous substances such as lead-based paint or asbestos and may have electrical wiring and plumbing needing a “bit” of work to meet standards and codes. A new home is subject to the current building codes that require much higher safety requirements regarding materials used, plumbing and wiring.
5. New Construction Neighborhoods- A community of new homes is planned for the lifestyle within it. No matter what your lifestyle if you choose the right New Construction Neighborhood for you and your family you will have something in common with your neighbors. It is a pleasant feeling knowing that you are able to be a part of a community and provide exciting opportunities involving your neighbors such as regular block parties, coordinating Christmas Caroling or creating a Sports Team! What a great chance to experience community growth and raise your children in a friendly and safe environment.
Rebecca Johnson, Realtor
Freedom Realtors of Middle GA